"I said for instance that definitely Elio will be a cinephile," he continued in a separate interview with The Playlist. Head over to The New Yorker to read Guadagnino’s full profile. “She has to be a New England kind of hoochie woman,” Guadagnino said of the character, saying Oliver and his wife will “have, maybe, five children” in the film. Call Me By Your Name was adapted from the André Aciman book of the same name, and while there's no sequel novel, the original does reveal something of what happens to Elio (Timothée Chalamet) and Oliver (Armie Hammer) after their summer romance. Digital Spy participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. The former Fifty Shades of Grey actress has been touted to play the role by the first movie’s director Luca Guadagnino, with whom she has worked on Suspiria and A Bigger Splash. Rozumiem, čo sa snaží režisér dosiahnuť a myslím si, že v mnohom to zvláda aj veľmi úspešne, no na druhú stranu je … A couple of decades later, Elio drops by Oliver's university (where he's now teaching as a professor) and the pair later get drinks. I also think Oliver will grow up with a beautiful family with his fantastic wife who probably will know about the type of love that Oliver feels for Elio. It also bagged Chalamet a Best Actor nod at the Oscars, making him the third-youngest nominee in that category in Academy Award history. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. Guadaginino teased a potential screenwriter, saying: "Before coronavirus, I had a trip to the United States to meet a writer I love very much, whose name I don't want to say, to talk about the second part.". The Call Me By Your Name movie ends with Elio quietly coming to terms with Oliver's engagement. Despite the years and distance, Oliver tells him, "Seeing you here is like waking from a 20-year coma.". After the events of the film and that final devastating phone call, Elio and Oliver never reignite their romance and Oliver appears to drift from Elio, especially as he eventually gets married and has two children. Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. Guadagnino has teamed up with Johnson in 2016’s "A Bigger Splash" and the upcoming "Suspiria" remake. Oliver also returns to Italy five years after that to learn that Elio's father has died. I'm not sure I'm ready to sob so much alongside these characters again, but here we go. "She has to be a New England kind of hoochie woman," he said during his New Yorker profile (though it's not clear how serious he was being). Everyone will be in the new movie.". Guadagnino revealed he walked away from the film after StudioCanal told him production had to be pushed up from summer 2017 to May. It’s not a huge surprise that he has her in mind as the pair have just worked on a new psychological horror called Suspiria together, which is about as far away as you can get from Call Me By Your Name. “It cannot be ‘Call Me by Your Name Two.’ ”, 'The War With Grandpa' Interviews with Robert De Niro and Jane Seymour. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, New on Netflix this week: TV shows to watch NOW, Top Gun: Maverick – Everything you need to know, Doctor Strange 2: Everything you need to know, New on Netflix this week: Movies you can watch NOW. That's a pretty big family to produce in the time between where the original film left off and where the story presumably will pick up. And he has recently teased some more details about the upcoming sequel – so, what's next for the gently doomed romance between Elio and Oliver? The book includes an epilogue in which the characters encounter each other over the years, with Elio visiting the now married-with-children Oliver 15 years later. I think that Annella will be bewildered by the fall of the USSR. ", He also added that if it did happen, it would take place much later on — in the same vein as Richard Linklater’s film Boyhood where the main character is followed throughout key moments in his life. By Shaun Kitchener PUBLISHED: 17:21, Thu, Dec 6, 2018 Moviestore/Shutterstock. The director Luca Guadagnino has even ironed out specific details for the film, as he said in his recent New Yorker profile that he’s already got big plans for the film’s characters. So Luca wants to wait so that we age a bit more so that gap makes sense, kind of like a Linklater thing.". Dakota Johnson might play Armie Hammer's wife in the Call Me By Your Name sequel. But even though they’re all keen, will there definitely be a Call Me By Your Name 2? Head over to our Facebook Group to see new picks every day, and chat with other readers about what they're watching right now. And I think that’s cool — to take advantage of the Boyhood style of storytelling. “You have, maybe, five children.”. When we last saw Hammer's Oliver, he was informing Elio (Timothée Chalamet) of his engagement to a woman, subsequently breaking everyone's heart. Digital Spy now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox. Najmä ale kvôli spracovaniu. Addressing the hypothetical scenario with Dakota Johnson, Luca Guadagnino … This is actually killing me. By all accounts, Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet had an enjoyable – if emotional – time shooting Call Me By Your Name. Writer dampens rumours, Call Me By Your Name explicit FULL FRONTAL love scene was removed, Call Me By Your Name is thought to be getting a sequel, Johnson said director Luca Guadagnino has discussed it with her, Dakota Johnson speaks out on Fifty Shades movies with Jamie Dornan, Jamie Dornan looks back on Fifty Shades movies with Dakota Johnson, Dakota Johnson opens up on 'extremely' difficult Fifty Shades Freed, Peter Dinklage helped Jamie Dornan learn Fifty Shades of Grey lines, Jamie Dornan gets HUGE reward for Fifty Shades with Dakota Johnson. I've reached out to her agent to see if she's down, but am yet to hear back from her rep. This Article is related to: Film and tagged Call Me By Your Name, Dakota Johnson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Luca Guadagnino. Where can the sequel take our hero next? Fast-forward a few years later, Oliver stays at Elio's home while he's away in the U.S. and although they have a phone call it's awkward and stilted — Elio calls him by his own name at one point and Oliver doesn't reciprocate. Chalamet continued: "I think it’ll be a couple of years later. But Aciman has been working with Guadagnino on the plot, and we know that the movie version of Oliver was engaged to be married to a woman, so some elements of separation and regret from the novel's end could be incorporated into the new story. We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. "Call Me By Your Name" director Luca Guadagnino wants to make the third time of working with actress Dakota Johnson the charm — by casting her in a key role in the hoped-for sequel to the Oscar-nominated film. Considering Johnson’s potential casting, the sequel would pick up years after their marriage with the characters already having a big family. Dakota Johnson wanted to play Armie Hammer’s wife in Call Me By Your Name 2. I don’t see any world where it doesn’t happen. Nie kvôli téme, ani kvôli tomu, čo sa bude diať. One of the last scenes in the film finds Oliver telling Elio (Timothée Chalamet) over the phone that he is engaged. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. So will it actually happen? It's no secret that Guadagnino is keen to get on with the sequel, and has said that the movie could come as soon as 2020. With Sufjan Stevens' 'Visions of Gideon' playing in the background and Elio’s quiet heartbreak unfolding, it was a fitting end to such a gentle. “I don’t see a way to make the movie with eight weeks of prep—it’s impossible,” Guadagnino told StudioCanal executives. The sequel would introduce Johnson as the woman Oliver married. At the end of "Call Me By Your Name," [SPOILERS AHEAD] Oliver calls Elio (the Oscar-nominated Timothée Chalamet), with whom he had a dreamy summer fling in Italy, and informs him he's engaged. (Foto: El País) ¿De qué trata Call Me By Your Name?. Chalamet has compared the sequel’s time jump to Richard Linklater’s “Boyhood.” Both actors have gone on record saying they definitely intend to return for the next film. "It cannot be 'Call Me by Your Name Two'. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. WWE Hell in a Cell 2020: Matches and predictions, The Suicide Squad: Everything you need to know, Indiana Jones 5: Everything you need to know, Black Panther 2: Everything you need to know, How to watch all Star Wars in chronological order, DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. Sign up for our Email Newsletters here. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. How Closed Theaters, Drive-In Movies, and Netflix Supremacy Are Shaping Oscar Season, ‘Chicago 7’ Vs. the World: How Aaron Sorkin’s Awards-Friendly Epic Jolted a Strange Awards Season, NYFF Director Eugene Hernandez Explains the Rollercoaster Ride to Programming a Film Festival Without Theaters, Introducing ‘Deep Dive’: Damon Lindelof and His Team Go Behind the Scenes of ‘Watchmen’, ‘Succession’: How Editing Helps Every Dinner Scene Come to Life — Deep Dive, Becoming Hooded Justice: The ‘Watchmen’ Craft Team Analyzes the Emotional, Pivotal Scene – Deep Dive, 40 Must-See New Movies to See This Fall Season, The Best Movies Eligible for the 2021 Oscars Right Now, Jessie Buckley Won’t Explain ‘Ending Things,’ but She Will Reveal What Terrified Her Most. All rights reserved. Come on. “It cannot be ‘Call Me by Your Name Two.’”. Call Me By Your Name sequel WON’T happen? “I would actually love a sequel to Call Me By Your Name. Luca Guadagnino and Dakota Johnson have become an exciting director-actor pairing thanks to “A Bigger Splash” and the upcoming “Suspiria,” and it appears the filmmaker has no plans to stop working with his muse.