"I haven't seen a try like that from a backrower since Gordon Tallis.". The Cowboys got out to a 14-12 lead in the 72nd minute after a Jake Clifford penalty goal, but their season was officially ended by their local rivals in a dour display. Other than the jerseys, the game bore no resemblance to the spectacular 2015 grand final or the numerous thrillers from 2015 to 2017 that saw four of six games decided by one point, including the decider. They will want to put their hand up.

"It'll be a pretty special night I got no doubt about that. "Definitely upsetting, he said. But it was the late brilliance from the recently re-signed 22-year old that will be the big talking point. Thursday 24th September 2020, 7:50pm at Suncorp Stadium.

"He's on the ground O'Neill and he's looking to get back up," Andrew Johns said. We've got a few current Origin players here as well and they are in good form.". Pangai comes in late after O'Neill collects the ball off a Broncos kick and absolutely clobber his opponent who was trying to get to his feet. He plays flat out from the start to the finish of the game and he's a great credit to the game what he brings. You must provide an email address to create a Roar account, When using Facebook to create or log in to an account, you need to grant The Roar permission to see your email address, By joining The Roar you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Jake Clifford, 8. Click HERE for LIVE play-by-play coverage of Cowboys vs Broncos. Holmes added his transition back to NRL was trickier than he imagined. You've got Darius [Boyd] at the back, you've got Jordan Kahu and Lachlan Maranta doing a good job as well so I'm sure they will be looking to kick early and win that field position battle, so kick-chase is really important. Easily view all the major NRL stat leaders including leading point scorers, leading try scorers, top tacklers, top hit-ups, top run metres and top try assists.

Cory Paix, 15. I'm a bit unhappy with the amount of points we have been leaking at the start of the season so far, so it's an area for improvement for us. HelloFresh Offer Revealed: Get $90 Off Over Your Next 4 Deliveries Now! The Broncos have no such injury concerns with Mitchell Dodds (knee) and Josh McGuire (suspension) the only two members of the top squad not available for selection this week. Collecting the ball 20-metres out from the Broncos' line, Holmes spotted an inch of space on the left flank and turned on the jets for a stunning solo try. Cowboys coach Paul Green. I'm a bit unhappy with … Brisbane will collect the wooden spoon for the first time in its history after a 32-16 loss to North Queensland ensured a heartbreaking end to Darius Boyd's career. Payne Haas, 11. The result extended the Broncos' record losing streak to 11 matches. Still, scores were tied again heading into the final 10 minutes, so both teams were searching for the game-winner and the Broncos effectively gifted the game to their hosts on 71 minutes when, after Brisbane's Tevita Pangai Jr knocked on on his own tryline, fellow breakout star Payne Haas ran through a Cowboy's play-the-ball and gave away a penalty right in front of the posts.