Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. They are looking for paying guests to come on board. I follow Alex Thomson’s programme closely. We’ve been through Panama to Hawaii several times. Thompson has sailed just about every major ocean and offshore race worth doing, most recently adding a Cape2Rio victory on the former ‘Prince de Bretagne’ and will tick off one other contest missing from his CV when he sails the Multi 70 ‘Beau Geste’ in the China Sea Race. If you spent a million a year you would do a very good programme, with a very good crew, buying a set of sails. They had some issues with their foil rate control, but it wasn’t a major hindrance to them. The Cape2Rio is a race you think will become more interesting to international teams and big multihulls? Who is doing what then? When it comes to ocean racing records Thompson has been there, done it, got the t-shirt. Wow. What is the key to winning over and above the usual needs? That is the big dream. Giovanni is very open, wanting us all to come down to do the Cape2Rio next time. I think it would be great. Yes the boats were pretty matched. This FAQ is empty. I learned about him because he and my mom work together. Remember it was to go through Panama, up to Asia and round to Cape Town. He was educated in both the Philadelphia school system and the drug infested streets of Philly. ‘Argo’ and ‘Powerplay’ are close in their set up? All three of us will get together for the Caribbean 600 and hopefully the ‘Love Water’ boat that we did the Cape2Rio on will come up for the 600 as well. Right now he enjoys a niche as the ‘go to’ super reliable man in what is proving to be an active group of Multi 70s. He became the first Brit to twice break the round the world record, starting out with Steve Fosset in 2004 and in 2012 with Loick Peyron on ‘Banque Populaire V’. I don’t think that this has ever been posted here, but I do remember it, so here it is. I caught the end of one last year. You keep a close eye on the IMOCAs? Our boat is the old ‘Prince of Bretagne’ which is built on the beams of the ‘Sodebo’ ORMA 60, but it is really a whole new boat there are three completely new hulls. It was still mainly VMG, but not the classic downwind all the way. It is shame to miss the testing miles on the Transat Jacques Vabre. Obviously we have some great monohull sailors with us like Rob Greenhalgh can drive the boat fast. The boats are amazing and have really stood the test of time? It would be great to be with a team breaking the 40 day barrier round the world. I am a big advocate for this race. I think if people ship their boats to Cape Town race to Rio then it’s actually a relatively easy sail to get to the Caribbean 600. Courtesy of the UK’s Royal Ocean Racing Club (RORC), a long form video interview with one of the world’s most accomplished ocean racers – British yachtsman, Brian Thompson. ‘Maserati’ are slightly slower in the light, slightly faster in the windier weather. Definitely Alex, ‘Charal’ and Charlie Dalin. There is no cold reaching and both cities are amazing places to visit, I think they’re both places that should be on everyone’s bucket list. When it comes to ocean racing records Thompson has been there, done it, got the t-shirt. In less than that, increasingly so as it gets lighter the standard MOD is a lower drag and slightly quicker- not massively. It is an interview with Brian Thompson, otherwise known … I think he will get the miles in though and I’m sure he will be ready. What is the cost of purchasing and running a boat? I would say the boat itself you can get for €1.5m that’s pretty damn inexpensive for that much speed and reliability. In terms of future ambitions well I have always had the ambition to do the solo Jules Verne even before De Kersauson did it 20 years ago. I really think so. An interview with Brian Thompson, a member of the Pacific Coast Chapter of the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society. Brian Thompson interview. The boats are amazing and have really stood the test of time? What is the key to winning over and above the usual needs? Giovanni Soldini is about to do his second around the world in two years on the boat. I do think it would be better if it were more sponsored and more funded. He has a great programme with great people around him. Giovanni has carried on and done pretty much that planned race twice. The Cape2Rio is a race you think will become more interesting to international teams and big multihulls? It’s kind of like the Transpac but better. Right now on land in France are ‘Spindrift’ and ‘Race for Water’. Interviewer . It’s normally downward VMG the whole way, but this time the High was a bit more messy so we went half way and then cut down across the High and then down through a cold front. What is the cost of purchasing and running a boat? Karl Kwok has got one that’s in New Zealand just now that is going up to do the China Sea race in April/May and I will do that with them which is great. You might see one of them going back in the water soon. An interview with Brian Thompson, a member of the Pacific Coast Chapter of the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society. This is the backdrop of the beginnings of Corporate Kid. Share. Buckhead Business Show - Interview with Brian Thompson CEO of CorporateKid.org Company: Corporate Kid Group Brian Thompson CEO of Corporate Kid: Raised in Philadelphia during the turbulent early 80's when the crack epidemic started. Insurance is not easy though. 8 comments. In America there is ‘Orion’ which is for sale in San Fransisco. Number of episodes: 9. ‘Charal’ have the training, the speed of the boat and the ability of the skipper, I would like to see Charlie do well. I’m very fortunately to be able to do a lot of MOD sailing this year – on ‘Argo’, then on ‘Beau Geste’. They sold the boat to Giovanni Soldini and he made it symmetrical with foils on both sides. And I am working with Doyle Sails as a director (in the UK) with Adrian Stead and Pete Greenhalgh and focussing particularly on the multihull sails. Thompson tells of his first auditions in Hollywood, working with Stallone and Cosmatos, and the difficulty he had performing stunts. He became the first Brit to twice break the round the world record, starting out with Steve Fosset in 2004 and in 2012 with Loick Peyron on ‘Banque Populaire V’. Courtesy of the UK’s Royal Ocean Racing Club (RORC), a long form video interview with one of the world’s most accomplished ocean racers – British yachtsman, Brian Thompson. In recent years Thompson has skippered the Lloyd Thornburg’s all conquering MOD 70, Phaedo 3 as well as taking part in the 2016-17 Volvo Ocean Race with the Turn the Tide on Plastic campaign. I used to think it would, but now I am not sure, the boats are so expensive and fragile. They were perfectly built, designed, conceived and engineered for that round the world race which was planned. Brian Thompson holds more ocean sailing records than any other British sailor. What do you see as the Multi 70s medium term future? Creator . Reproduced from Tip & Shaft Sail Racing HERE. If you lined up any of the MODs from ‘Maserati’ to a completely standard one you really wouldn’t know which one would win a race, it’s still down to the sailors and the routing, preparation and the luck. They are amazing, between all seven of them they have done so many miles. The ‘Argo’ foils aren’t massive- they aren’t like ‘Maserati’, more a refined version of the MOD foils (but all new), whilst ‘Powerplay’ have modified the existing foils to put the up tick on and apparently that’s made quite a bit of difference. Date Created . Search for "Stalking and Slashing: An Interview with Actor Brian Thompson" on Amazon.com. In the end nothing happened. My head, looking at the odds, says ‘Charal’, my heart says Alex. I did the IMOCA solo and have done so much fully crewed around the world, three times around the world, but never solo. What is on the horizon for you? The two cities that you start and finish with are both beautiful and then the course is amazing. And they are slowly being developed which is quite interesting. There were seven built. Description . And obviously I sailed with Francois on the Caribbean 600 last year and now I am looking forwards to seeing the new ‘Banque Populaire’ on the water.