He was married to Janice Forsch. Died: November 3, 2011 in Weeki Wachee, FL. His wife, Jan, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Forsch suffered an aneurysm in his upper chest. Clearpool Ffxiv, He was married to Janice Forsch. - 3 November 2011) ( his death) ( 2 children) Trivia (5) Brother of Ken Forsch. "I was fortunate to have Bobby on my team," Herzog said. Jesse Haines, a mainstay of the Cardinals, is shown old time form at the Bradenton, Fla., training camp of the St. Louis National League entry, March 26, 1930. His sudden death at age 61 on Nov. 3, 2011, stunned and deeply saddened me. (AP Photo/Lednny Ignelzi), They’d set up the 8-millimeter projector in Grandpa’s den — “I remember the click-click-click-click,” John George said — and Joe Medwick would…, Bob Forsch's second no-hitter added considerable spice to what augured to be a mundane season-closing week. Team spokesman Brian Bartow said Forsch, the third-winningest pitcher in franchise history, died Thursday at his home near Tampa, Fla. A cause was not immediately known. Gibson won 11-0 at Pittsburgh, striking out future Hall of Famer Willie Stargell for the final out. He died on November 3, 2011 in Weeki Wachee, Florida, USA. Bob Forsch, former St. Louis Cardinals pitcher. Sichuan Earthquake 2008 Location, Old Kits, Forsch was called up to St. Louis midway through the 1974 season. Menstrual Cycle, Forsch won 20 games in 1977 and twice was a 15-game winner, and had a career record of 168-136 with a 3.76 ERA. Why did Patrick Mahomes give a shoutout to BYU’s Zach Wilson? In a wild game that lived up to the hype, No. Lusto eu convallis placerat, felis enim ornare nisi, vitae mattis nulla ante idas dui. (AP Photo/Sammy Houston, File). Three reached on two errors and a walk, but the splendid ground-ball pitcher erased all three runners with double plays. The Giants led the series after Game 2, owing in part to the batting prowess of outfielder Jeffrey Leonard, who scored nine runs and five RBIs during the series. PHOTO BY TED REISINGER/ UPI. He finished his career with the Houston Astros in 1989. Why Did Banks Fail During The Great Depression, He was 61. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. Forsch has the distinction as the only pitcher in Cardinals history to throw two no-hitters. He was 61. Required fields are marked *. Jimenez became the first rookie pitcher in 17 years to throw a National League no-hitter when he gained a 1-0 victory over Randy Johnson and the Arizona Diamondbacks at Phoenix. ST. LOUIS — Bob Forsch, the only pitcher in St. Louis Cardinals history to throw two no-hitters, has died at the age of 61. Draft: Drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in the 26th round of the 1968 MLB June Amateur Draft from Hiram Johnson HS … Position: Pitcher Bats: Right • Throws: Right 6-4, 200lb (193cm, 90kg) Born: January 13, 1950 in Sacramento, CA us. [11], After going 15-9 with a 3.48 ERA in 1982, his record fell to 10-12 with a 4.28 ERA the following season as the defending World Champions dipped to 79-83 and fourth place in the NL East. The Things You Think I'm Thinking Song, 3 Ibid. The St. Louis press began calling Leonard "both flaps down" after the incident. He spent three seasons as a pitching coach for the Billings Mustangs, a minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. He was acquired by the Cardinals baseball team in the amateur draft in 1968 and started in the organization as an in-folder before beginning the transition to the mound in 1970. The Royals beat the Cardinals in seven games for the franchise's first World Series title. Forsch unconvincingly commented, "Just trying to come inside"[16]. Forsch didn’t know Whitey, but his brother Bob had played for Herzog for years as a member of the Cardinals and “loved the guy.” So Ken interviewed with Herzog, went back the next day, and two days later was on a plane to Arizona as the Angels director of player development, a post he held for four years.