Where am I going to take the water, to the bathroom? It is just a flexible plastic tub that fits perfectly in the Precis sink. The polished satin finish works well in any kitchen, especially those with stainless steel appliances. The advantage that Silgranit has over regular granite, though, is that this material defies scratches in a way that typical granite cannot. A few months ago on my facebook page, I asked the question: “What is your kitchen sink preference? Yikes! Another cool feature of the 440195 is that it can be installed however you like. I’m trying to decide between the sink you have and the Precision single bowl 27″. However, every now and then, I get stuck hand washing big pots, baking trays and non-stick pans that I just can’t put in the dishwasher. If you like the idea of a 2-level kitchen sink, select "Single Bowl w/ Cascade." My favourite feature is probably the magnetized hand spray holder, which also has the dual spray toggle button. Even if you have no prior experience with kitchen sink installation, you can do this on your own as a DIY project. I was unfamiliar with the produce and wasn;t sure about the undermount, but it appears that one does not need a bulky frame in order to undermount this type of sink. Shape definitely matters when it comes to sinks. It, Latest review: Had issue with dings in sink. Sounds great, right? Usually, marks are left where the coffee has dried up but once I run the water (which is many hours later) the stain literally washes away without scrubbing. I LOVE them, thus have bought one every time I moved. As for the flat bottom, the water definitely slopes towards the drain. However, sinks are all about preference and everyone uses them differently. Silgranit is a revolutionary material that is trademarked by Blanco, so you won’t find it offered by any other manufacturer. HI Kimberly, And I’m curious – does the horizontal bar get in the way of using the sink, like when you’re trying to maneuver big items like pots and pans? The only time I ever have any deposit in my sink is when I leave food or liquid sitting in there for long periods of time without cleaning. The 441078 is resistant to heat up to 536 degrees Fahrenheit, which dramatically exceeds standard baking and boiling temperatures. Your current sink likely has a center drain, so replacement is much easier when you choose another center-drain model. You get to choose your shape, even if that means installing the sink in an unconventional configuration. For the life of me, I could never figure out how to wash an oversized baking tray in a double bowl sink without getting water all over the countertops, the floors and the cabinets. However, it’s nothing a little soap and water won’t take out. I’m with you, single bowl sinks all the way! It is still not recommended to use abrasive cleaning tools on the 440195, but Blanco says that “with a team of passionate and dedicated scientists, proven results and a new, smoother surface, even a fork or the bottom of a pan can't damage Silgranit.” It comes in a variety of colors, so no matter your design preferences, you can find something to fit your kitchen aesthetics. This makes it nearly 100% chip, stain, heat, and scratch-resistant. When I do clean the sink I just use dish soap and water. Hi Sandy, Still looking for what we’ll use for ours. Hey WCraft and others It definitely meets every high expectation that I had. What happens when a large pot or pile of dishes sit in the sink? But for small bar glassware, the 440205 will do just fine. Was going to get Metallic gray but saw it has sparkles. Hi Gayle! I’m not even joking. silgranit sink collections. I happened upon your post via Pinterest. Sink was correct and the color was right. Thanks! We have the white one and after a mere 2 weeks it is showing problems with staining. You get more volume when you have a rectangular shape, straight sides and a flat bottom. The most-loved feature of the 441078 is the deeper-than-average bowl depth. where form and function are one. If you're looking for easy drop-in installation, move on. BUT, this time, I purchased the sink at Home Depot. Sounds like a great combo! I have had my sink for three years now. I can only speak from my experience but I pour boiling water in my sink from my tea kettle every single night for the last two years and I haven’t had any issues. Your kitchen and sink are beautiful. I love the fact that this sink is non porous which means dirt and bacteria cannot penetrate the surface. We couldn’t go with the granite because it’s just a single sink – but the Blanco I bought is gorgeous too! I would never install another Blanco Silgranite sink. Anyone in the market for a granite sink should look nowhere else than Blanco. Blanco says that “each sink is engineered with sound deadening pads to alleviate noise from splashing water.”. This isn't lacking in space in any way, but the 26" design certainly isn't as spacious as a 32 or 36" sink. Soooo excited! We love our new sink! It’s a key piece to the overall look and feel of our kitchen. The sink is deep enough to wash bulky items, however, the most brilliant part of the design is the secondary bowl with the stainless steel mesh basket (which is included with this sink by the way). To generalize Silgranit sinks as “trash” is not accurate. You should contact Blanco directly as they will be able to answer all your questions and concerns regarding your purchase. Of course, they would claim that it can’t stain. White is no-no. I think it’s just a little darker than Cinder maybe? Thanks for your kind words and best of luck in your kitchen remodel! You all do realize that this a porous sink material, right? I pour hot water in it everyday! Hoping sink will stand the test of time .But nothing but praise for the customer service we received . Hi Lauren, I lived with that combo for the longest time so I know all about overmount sinks and laminate countertops This is actually the first time the hubby and I renovated our kitchen so it was quite an exciting experience for us!! All the best! Like many love-hate relationships, I had my fair share of ups and downs with my previous owned sinks. Both Franke and Blanco produce granite composite sinks in addition to stainless steel. This sink is a laundry room essential that you might not even realize you needed until you’ve installed it. Undermounts are definitely the way to go! double or single”? About six weeks after it was installed by a, Latest review: We bought the metallic grey 1 & 3/4 sinks through Amazon many months before we started building our house as I was not able to find anything other than black or white here in Australia.