And then came the ninth. Dodgers with the same contract. Position: Pitcher Bats: Right • Throws: Right 6-5, 225lb (196cm, 102kg) . Hendricks was DFA during the 2018 season which further proves how much of a roller coaster relief pitchers are. He is also 4 out of 5 tools… the guy doesn’t get on base enough. Check him out he was unhittable for “A” in 2018 and was hurt most of season in 2019. Treinen wasn’t a factor at that point, though, as his season ended in late September because of a stress reaction in his back. Treinen’s represented by Adam Karon of Apex Baseball. Dave Roberts called Treinen a leverage reliever who can get both righties and lefties out. Yes, a bad deal could be $324,000,000 for nine years. That’s their downfall in the playoffs. twitter.com/jorgecastillo/status/12048474142946754…. So your “Exhibit A” is irrelevant.. You just conveniently focused on the second point of my post. Struggled with health and command last year. This is one of the few times I would go against his metrics though. “They came right out of the gates. Just two seasons ago, Blake Treinen was arguably the best reliever in all of baseball. Please stop. Friedman special. Lack of offense has been their #1 downfall in this run and thats not even debatable. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. And the bullpen even got a slight break when Buehler, nursing a pair of finger blisters, overcame a career-high five walks to pitch into the sixth inning, after lasting only four innings in each of his last four starts. If he flames out they will indeed be in the market for someone else when the market will be trades and castoffs. I cry about the pen because it’s been years! The Giants closer for one (Will Smith). He’s had one bad year in his career, and it was injury related, not form. Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the deal he landed, Sorrye basic English is so difficult for you. Would they have been better off spreading out the risk to 2-3 pitchers? sign Betances, Rendon, and Ryu. won’t be asked to close 3 days in a row hopefully. Maybe not so much financially as in baseball terms. After years of dominance as the Dodgers closer, Kenley will be given some deference. Blake Treinen is in a bit of a slump. um. A reliable reliever is an oxymoron. I’m sure some team would be willing to offer 3/18 or even 3/20 to him given his track record. Wow. Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images. because Baez was completely unheralded before the juiced ball. It has not been the issue no matter how much you want to pretend it was. He just chose the Dodgers. They had a reliable pen in the 2015 playoff. Yikes. So once again…. Number one in Jersey sales… watch the Little World Series and see who everyone’s favorite player is…. Meanwhile, the Dodgers are left to hope they’ve stumbled on a potential late-game force (or at least a consistent and competent reliever). You do realize players have to actually agree to deals, right? Blake Treinen. Wouldn’t may be in the rotation as of now? You might want to reread the first and last sentence of my comment rather than fixating on the second one. It was never explained, so it’s difficult to say when he will “recover” from it, and it sure doesn’t explain his massive suckatude for a lot of the rest of the season.