When people talk about wanting to have empathy from their justices, this is what they're talking about. backward hat and skateboard slung over his shoulder.
That's mostly what we do here. How do they navigate the complexity and the thicket of all the lobbyists in this town to do executive agency lobbying? But, anyway — I know, Dad, gym is important — if you’re watching, Dad — as if he’s watching! That’s what your parents and teachers tried to instill in you. January likes to spend the time between classes greeting fellow students in the hallway. October 3, 2018 | Clip Of Senate Session This clip, title, and description were not created by C-SPAN. Nobody else has ever remembered their high school graduation.

That’s a high bar, but Sasse — tie loosened, face unshaven — did manage to work in murder hornets, Joe Exotic, a grammar lesson, China-bashing, psychologist-bashing and Jeremy-bashing. “You go to my town meetings in Iowa, you don’t hear this talk about impeachment,” Grassley said. Especially in a pre-recorded speech. Do not. This is a big moment.

We believe in persuasion.

Where do they go? I'm kidding -- my dad was a gym teacher. By a US senator. You’re going to remember your high school graduation. Taiwan signed letters of intent to purchase more than $2.1 billion in U.S. soybeans, corn and distillers grains. The Senate Intelligence Committee is going through proper, bipartisan procedures on this whole matter.”. And we’re proud of you today. ", * "There will always be money to be made in psychology.

It’s hit our state hard, it’s probably hit your family, it’s hit our whole country, and nobody knows exactly how we’re going to beat this thing.

The solution here is not to try to find judges who will be policy makers.

He’s taking alternate routes or blowing by reporters with his phone pressed to his ear.

The sunset is reflected in some open water at Flanagan Lake in Omaha, Nebraska. ", "Like he said in the video greeting, Ben's proud of each of the graduates — and he believes their generation is tough enough to help lead us through the bumpy economic times ahead.
4111 Fourth Avenue, Suite 26 Kearney, NE 68845 Phone: 308-233-3677 Sasse was trying to be some combination of funny and relatable. It’s not the murder hornets’ fault.

There's nothing really new the last 18 months. Dymond Meeks leaps across the snow pile in the center of Farnam Street near its intersection with 14th Street in Omaha, Nebraska, as she makes her way to work. Sasse thought he was being fun/funny and, unfortunately for him, no one on his staff stepped into to tell this hard truth: He wasn't.

Try Rev for free and save time transcribing, captioning, and subtitling. Permalink: https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/9/sasse-on-kavanaugh-hearing-we-can-and-we-should-do-better-than-this, Sasse on Kavanaugh Hearing: “We Can And We Should Do Better Than This”, https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/9/sasse-on-kavanaugh-hearing-we-can-and-we-should-do-better-than-this. Thanks a lot, China. ", * "There will always be money to be made in psychology.

Anyway, the murder hornets, they’re in Washington state and they’re really bad. Ben Sasse Graduation Commencement Speech Transcript, Congressional Testimony & Hearing Transcripts. Chris Saenz of Bellevue works out at FIT IN THE CITY in Papillion, Nebraska.

Ben Sasse: (01:32) And it's because we've accepted a bad new theory about how our three branches of government should work -- and in particular about how the Judiciary should work.

", * "You're gonna say stuff at your high school reunion service ceremonies, 'Remember that time that China started a big global pandemic that created the worst public health crisis in over a century and brought the economy to its knees and we had to stay at home and everybody was hoarding toilet paper and we all watched this documentary about some weirdo dude who raised tigers? I'm serious.

They're called psychologists.

Louisville's Drew Campbell celebrated a walk-off win on his hit in the bottom of the 9th against Mississippi State during game ten of the College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park. We're going to have to have a serious reckoning with the thugs in China who let this mess spiral out of control by lying about it. My dad was a gym teacher. But that’s probably the least weird thing that happened this last month, because we haven’t even started talking about murder hornets yet. People are going to pretend that Americans have no historical memory and supposedly there haven't been screaming protestors saying, "Women are going to die" at every hearing for decades.

Vanderbilt faces Michigan during their College World Series game. That part’s not a joke. The partisan divide cited by Sasse is reflected in reactions to the transcript by Iowa and Nebraska politicians. And he didn't accomplish either goal. Sasse's whole affect in his remarks screams old-guy-trying-to-be-cool.

Ben Sasse, a Republican senator from Nebraska, gave a controversial virtual commencement speech on May 17. I’m proud of you but you don’t really know me. And if we are the easiest people to fire, it means the only way the people can maintain power in our system is if all the politicized decisions happen here.

Vanderbilt's Harrison Ray signed autographs before the start of game 3 of the CWS championship.

", "Like he said in the video greeting, Ben's proud of each of the graduates — and he believes their generation is tough enough to help lead us through the bumpy economic times ahead.

Crawford's Jillian Brennan (13) points up to the sky before the Class D 3,200-meter final at Omaha Burke High School during day one of the state track meet.

At the start of this, most parents thought we would be visionary math teachers, changing the world, but after about two weeks, we all just decided to default into gym teachers. You can try to make 'em messiahs. But you know what that means? We want to recognize your sacrifice. I’m kidding. Democrats backing an impeachment inquiry view the transcript as a smoking gun proving Trump illegally pressured a foreign country to go after his political rival. We write giant pieces of legislation -- 1,200 pages, 1,500 pages long that people haven't read. If you're headed to college, do not, do not major in psychology.

I don't believe you really want the Supreme Court to be a politicized body.

The legislature is impotent.

Well done. Ben Sasse.

Elkhorn South players celebrate their championship while reading the name plate on the trophy after defeating Skutt during the NSAA Class B girls state soccer championship game Morrison Stadium in Omaha, Nebraska, Tuesday, May 14, 2019. Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large. Do not. Ben Sasse, a Republican senator from Nebraska, gave a controversial virtual commencement speech on May 17. But the murder hornets, they aren’t even half as bad as the black hole, in case you haven’t noticed. Government is not just another word for things we do together. Lincoln East played Millard South in a Class A first-round basketball game during the girls state basketball tournament at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska. Westside poses with the championship plaque with the winning score on the wall behind them after Omaha Westside defeated Millard North 54-53 at Omaha Westside in Omaha, Nebraska. It's only nine people.

They should be protesting in front of this body. So you guys have this silver lining. So, let's try just a little bit. And Trump requested a favor: investigate interference in the 2016 presidential election and also dig into allegations against former Vice President Joe Biden. We need Schoolhouse Rock back. Your grandparents are proud of you. Back in the day, when we were a lot fitter than you people are, we used to have to climb ropes all the way up to the ceiling of the gym all the time. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) Grassley also indicated that he and his GOP colleagues are not overly focused on impeachment. They’re called psychologists. It's the process where the people who are elected two and six years in this institution, four years in the executive branch can be fired because the justices and the judges, the men and women who serve America's people by wearing black robes -- they’re insulated from politics.

Sarpy County Sheriff's Deputy Darin Morrissey rides an ATV through floodwaters in Hawaiian Village.

The Republican senator Ben Sasse’s attempt at humor during a speech for high school students has drawn strong criticism. There was a problem saving your notification. That’s what they were about.

I know I’m not supposed to say this but you’re not missing out on that much, because nobody — and honestly by nobody I mean nobody — remembers anything about their high school graduation. We believe in love. Canada geese fly over Flanagan Lake at sunset in Omaha, Nebraska.

The two talked about ways the United States could help Ukraine. They were evacuated from Pacific Junction, Iowa, after floodwaters hit the town last night.

Why not? Neighbors such as Murphy say the snow people didn't exist yesterday and claim it happened over night or possibly early this morning. You can demonize 'em. The Congress can't manage all the nitty-gritty details of everything about modern government and this system tries to give power and control to experts in their fields where most of us in Congress don't know much of anything -- about technical matters, for sure -- but you can also impugn our wisdom if you want.

You've earned high praise from the many lawyers, both right and left, who've appeared before you during your 12 years on the D.C. I get it, that’s a pretty good point, we all sort of do grow into our names, and by the way, that’s why everybody named Jeremy is the worst.

But he saw nothing illegal in Trump’s conversation.

“There was no quid pro quo,” he said. And thus, a fourth and final point. Number one: In our system, the legislative branch is supposed to be the center of our politics. We’re going to be proud of you again. Scientists just discovered a black hole that’s four times the size of our sun, and it’s apparently in a system that’s visible to the naked eye. If you don’t think he does, vote no.

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large. This process has to stink.