well you got the shock part right at least, and the scene of the car accident to much for a scene, the fighting scenes were practically like Van-Damme fighting, all those moves and, what about the history??? Looked great in HD too. Hyams has created a truly unique object, a horror-action-flicker film about uniquely expressive bodies haunted by the minds and memories they are forced to house. For JVC's fans - this is a rather bad effort, see "Expendables 2" or even "6 Bullets" to get your JVC fix. Creepiest US movie so far. Awards Just watch the first Universal Soldier movie and enjoy Dolph going all psycho, avoid this at all cost. The over the top violence makes for some great scenes but the overall appeal is not existent as the plot is super thin, the acting non existent, and characters there with no meaning (aka Lundgren). The story very much belongs to John, a new character portrayed by Scott Adkins, who has some serious questions about his identity and the fate of his loved ones. I have a snortg feeling that you’re right! It was interesting to learn about the Japanese actors, a…, No wonder I couldn't get a copy for myself. looks awesome. Yeah that did seem odd. So with that in mind it begs the question, why would they overhaul the entire formula? I had to write a review since this movie was so bad. Trying to make a cont. Own Universal Soldier Day Of Reckoning on limited edition steelbook with both the 2D and bone-breaking real 3D version of the film. But all they seem to do with their newfound freedom is drink, sleep around, and get into fights. It hurts, its dirty, its psychotic. Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning John Hyams (2012) 113min. They inhabit a world that seems to resemble ours…but something feels off. Their aim is to form a militia-style separatist group in an attempt to be free from their former masters, the government. My main flaw was the overuse of slow mo in the climax tracking shots. Sign up here. The latest on Bruce Lee’s ‘The Silent Flute’ remake, “UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING” « the pyramid beach roadhouse, Violent New Trailer for Lau Ho Leung’s heist thriller ‘Caught in Time’ starring Daniel Wu and Wang Qianyuan, Park Chan-wook makes the ‘Decision to Leave’ with Park Hye-il, Tang Wei, Lee Jung-hyun and Go Kyung-pyo, A Long Day’s Journey Into Night (2018) Review, ‘Infernal Affairs’ filmmaker Andrew Lau to tackle COVID-19 with a controversial movie titled ‘The Chinese Doctors’, First Trailer for Andrzej Bartkowiak’s ‘Dead Reckoning’ with James Remar and martial arts star Scott Adkins, Trailer For The War Actioner JIN GANG CHUAN Aka SACRIFICE Starring WU JING. Its a great movie and it does what it was supposed to. Aside from perhaps Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren's accountants, it's difficult to say for sure who exactly has been calling for another entry in this francise. The fight pits John against Andrew Scott and an army of genetically enhanced warriors ; meanwhile, he must contend with a UniSol in relentless pursuit . You tell me! Anderson’s ‘Monster Hunter’, WU JING Stars In War Actioner JIN GANG CHUAN Aka SACRIFICE. I was a little let down with the premise and the overall flow of the movie. Mr Leeder mentioned how he could have gotten Jeff Wol…. Dark from start to end, More of a poor re-imagining than anything else. Not great, but de…, Please let this get a theatrical release here in Singapore. Are you willing to give one up? I like what i am…, I’m inclined to agree with Andrew in that I enjoyed Seized more than I though…, I watched The Doorman, and I thought it was OK. can’t wait to watch this.and i’m waiting for that fight with Scott Adkins and Pittbull Arlovsky.both great martial artists. Action movie legends Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are back in full force, with world -renowned British martial arts star Scott Adkins (The Expendables 2) in the most violent and thrilling Universal Soldier sequel yet. But that's just the beginning: as John travels through the treacherous world in his quest for answers, he won't just have to fight for his life, he'll have to question the very nature of reality itself. This one is a very good trash movie. It’s a credit to action choreographer Larnell Stovall that even though most of “Reckoning” was filmed in the spring of 2011, the fight scenes are nearly as vicious and impressive as anything in this year’s genre breakout “The Raid.” The clash between Adkins and Arlovski that takes place in a sporting goods store about halfway through the film is arguably the best fight scene of Adkins’ career – which is saying something for an actor who has already built a resume of jaw-dropping bouts in movies like “Undisputed III.” Later on, Hyams replicates the one-take action sequence from the end of “Regeneration” as Adkins traverses the Universal Soldier compound, dispatching one foe after another with some impressive full-body takedowns. It was very gory, more than I thought it would be. negative points :(. on the history?? Just the basic story: Scott Adkins awakes in hospital after he dreams about JCVD and some guys in black uniforms kill his wife and daughter. John (Adkins) has suffered a horrendous family tragedy, and former UniSol Luc Devereaux (Van Damme) is now the target of his quest for revenge. The Universal Soldier franchise as terrible as they've been must have been profitable otherwise they wouldn't have lasted. There are many praiseworthy things about Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. http://www.scribd.com/doc/111550400/Universal-Soldier-4-Day-of-Reckoning-Review, my own review, comment and share if you like it. 18 Certificate ... Review Our Score . Hyams made his feature length film in 1997 when wrote, directed, and produced the critically acclaimed "One Dog Day," , he subsequently filmed ¨Universal Soldier: Regeneration¨ , this ¨Day of reckoning¨ and ¨Dragon Eyes¨ , in which displayed an acute understanding of the action genre . “Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning” Japanese DVD Cover. The slow burn that lead to all the action scenes was perfect for the tone of the film. This should be interesting. It was still bad ass but it would have packed a bigger punch without it. Dark from start to end. No copyright infringement intended. If you want a few well-done fights and you like Adkins, I can't completely recommend against it. I have read quite few reviews of this movie - to my surprise, there were mostly good. Meanwhile, our old buddy Andrew Scott (Lundgren) has assembled an army of disaffected former UniSols and is acting as their leader. Several sequences of this gorefest, which is posed between hyperkinetic martial-arts mayhem and near-static moments of confusion and terror, have a gleeful virtuosity that nearly redeems its lumbering longueurs and generic splatter. There is no doubt that this film is gonna rock like no other Unisol movie has before.