You are reading "Top Romantic Tourist Attractions in Hattiesburg, Mississippi" Back to Top or More must do for couples, places to visit this weekend Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. Search for restaurants, hotels, museums and more. MS has a zoo, several military museums, a spectacular rose garden on the University of Southern Mississippi campus, and the Longleaf Trace, a popular recreational trail that runs through Mississippi’s legendary pine forests and rolling farmlands. Colorful and cozy, with oversized sofas, shelves full of books, and walls covered with art, the place invites lingering. ... Hattiesburg, Mississippi 39403-0150 Phone: 601-583-4329 | Email. The Mississippi Blues Trail markers can be found on city street corners, cotton fields, cemeteries, train depots, churches, and clubs. It presents the role of African-American soldiers, from the founding of the country until present days. The gallery has several art classes that teaches drawing with live models. An 18-screen movie theater, The Grand 18 - Hattiesburg displays first-run feature films using digital projection and sound. This does not, however, mean that Hattiesburg is just a place to go through on the way to somewhere else. Enjoy the serene canopy of trees on a hike, bike or horseback ride down Longleaf Trace. CDC information for travelers. Feast in the music scene at Live at Five in Town Square Park or discover local art at Oddfellow’s Gallery. more, Top Things to Do in Hattiesburg, MS - Hattiesburg Attractions. Top things to see near me, beaches, cruises, underrated tourist attractions downtown, travel blog, attractions, places near me, family weekend breaks: CO, Seattle Flagstaff, Napa, Portland, MN, Winston-Salem, Scottsdale, Dallas, SC, Top things to see near me, beaches, cruises, underrated tourist attractions downtown, travel blog, attractions, places near me, family weekend breaks: CO, Seattle Flagstaff, Napa, Portland, MN, Winston-Salem, Scottsdale, Dallas, SC, Located in downtown Hattiesburg, on the corner of Mobile and 2nd Street, Southern Prohibition Brewing is a popular local beer house and taproom with extensive selection of craft beers available on tap or in their onsite shop. The trail runs through the heart of Hattiesburg, over rolling hills, by farmlands, along many small streams, and through dense groves of longleaf and slash pine. Main Street America. The Welcome Center staff offer advice, maps, and help with identifying the tree species along the route, You are reading "Fun Things to Do in Hattiesburg, Mississippi this Weekend with Friends" Back to Top or More places to see near me today, Weekend trips A cultural and historic landmark, the African American Military History Museum is the only establishment o this kind in America. The city has a beautiful historic downtown district with well-preserved 19th century homes as well as a district that celebrates African American heritage, and it is an important spot on the Blues Trail due to the number of famous blues musicians who lived in the city. Champion Lanes offers bowling for children and adults, and hosts parties and special events. Hattiesburg. Better yet, there's something for everyone! There is an extensive selection of craft beers on tap, a good wine list, and a mouth-watering menu. There are about 36 varieties of roses and five selections of “drift rose,” which are used as a ground cover in the garden. They do not make food, but stone-fired Mercury Pizzas are available from their food trailer. Located on the shores of Geiger Lake, about 10 miles from Hattiesburg, Paul B. Johnson State Park is surrounded by the spectacular natural beauty of Mississippi's pine region. Round off your evening with beats or brews. Hattiesburg, MS 39401 (601) 813-6951. see more. See Tripadvisor's 1,090 traveller reviews and photos of kid friendly Hattiesburg attractions The zoo is located in a beautiful part of Kamper Park, with thick groves of pines and oak trees, walking trails, grassy picnic areas, tennis courts, and playgrounds. Gently rolling terrain that is covered in southern pine and various hardwoods are available within the De Soto National Forest. There are eight small rest areas, and the trail gateway is on the Southern Miss campus. 319 Geiger Lake Rd, Hattiesburg, MS 39401, Phone: 601-582-7721, You are reading "What is There to Do with Kids in Hattiesburg, Mississippi" Back to Top or More tourism, attractions for couples, food, things to see near me today While the menu often changes to adjust to the seasonal availability of fresh ingredients, some of the menu items are standard, such as nachos au gratin with spicy Cajun cheese, bacon and fresh salsa, served with sour cream, green onions, fried jalapeños, and homemade tortilla chips; you also might want to try the pan-seared yellowfin tuna sliced very thin, cooked rare, and served with wonton chips and pickled cucumbers. more. Five Convention Center Plaza, Hattiesburg, MS 39401  |  601.296.7475 40% Off Teas and Coffee at My Red Fusion Tea Lounge. Throw on your jersey and head over to Southern Miss to cheer on the Golden Eagles. Visitors can walk along a paved path surrounded by pine trees at Longleaf Trace. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. This super-modern, high-tech brewery is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and it offers tours every Saturday, for a maximum 20 people at a time. MS Main Street Community. It is particularly popular with students since it is located just across from Southern Miss. Please select a category to begin your search. Save Mass at St. Fabian - SUNDAY 11a Inside to your collection. All Rights Reserved. 62 Talowah Rd. Desoto National Forest (601) 528-6160. see more. The roses are in particularly good health and during the peak blooming season they are a spectacular sight. Its goal is to honor the Mississippi veterans from all branches of military service and their sacrifices. 850, 1001 Lee Ave W, Hattiesburg, MS 39407, Phone: 601-558-2757, You are reading "What to Do in Hattiesburg, Mississippi this Weekend" Back to Top or More places of interest in, Things to do near me Crescent City Grill is a charming Cajun eatery with a distinct New Orleans vibe, featuring cozy leather booths, a gleaming ornate bar lining one side, and exposed brick walls and stained-glass details. This fun family destination, which opened its doors in 1902, not only offers encounters with wildlife but also has picnic areas, a carousel, a train, the Parris Jewelers Mining Sluice, a splash pad, an African drum station, a gift shop, and a concession stand. Today at 7:00 AM. There is also the Touch Africa Petting Zoo, Asbury Discovery Center, and edZOOcation Center. Some of the most significant names whose lives are highlighted in the museum are America's first black aviator Jesse Leroy Brown and nurse Ruth Bailey Earl, WWII WAC. Only about 20 minutes from the University of Southern Mississippi, the park is very popular for all sorts of recreational activities. Curiosity Escape Rooms 214 W Pine St Hattiesburg, MS 39401 (769) 223-4427. see more. The top attractions to visit in Hattiesburg are: What are the best outdoor activities in Hattiesburg? Fun Things to Do in Hattiesburg with Kids: Family-friendly activities and fun things to do. The best outdoor activities in Hattiesburg according to Tripadvisor travellers are: What are the most popular things to do in Hattiesburg with kids? Safari T.A.I.L.S 1 Zoos. The building is a Mississippi Landmark and is on the Register of Historic Places. Guests also receive maps to the local community and a list of things to do around the area including restaurants, hotels and activities for families. While most attractions are currently open, it’s a good idea to call before you come to be sure. Find fun things to do in Hattiesburg, MS. View our list of attractions, activities, events, restaurants and visitor information. The brewery occupies a large and renovated previously abandoned industrial building, and it has a pleasant outdoor patio for warmer days. Even if you are not a blues fan, you will enjoy visiting the markers along the Mississippi Blues Trail and reading on each the facts about blues and blues greats, the places where they lived and which influenced their music as well as the places where their music left indelible traces and gave birth to the blues. All Rights Reserved. Pack your mask to protect yourself and others, as masks are currently required in all indoor and outdoor public areas. Discover Hattiesburg, Mississippi with the help of your friends. Thirsty? The rose garden opened in 1974 and today has more than 800 individual rose bushes of all kinds, attracting visitors from all over the country. Where can I go for top-rated things to see near me, fun things to do today, with toddler, social distancing, places near me, beach and last minute resort ideas for couples: CT, IL, CA, MD, VT, VA, Atlanta, From Chicago, MD beaches, Where can I go for top-rated things to see near me, fun things to do today, with toddler, social distancing, places near me, beach and last minute resort ideas for couples: CT, IL, CA, MD, VT, VA, Atlanta, From Chicago, MD beaches. Located in Kamper Park in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, the Hattiesburg Zoo is a popular 12-acre zoo that provides a home to almost 80 species of animals from all over the world.