"It's been one a hell of a ride," Cronk said at the SCG on Monday. But I'm pretty proud that I can call these guys really good mates.

AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time which is 10 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). "I think a lot of people have the talent. Cooper Cronk has announced his retirement from the NRL. "I wasn't ever going to be a replacement for that. "If I'm standing here at 50 years of age and I've got a coach's microphone, you've got my permission to slap me around the head.". It took 27 minutes for Cooper Cronk to stumble, even if for only a moment.

"My job was pretty easy [at the Storm],' Cronk said. "A future Immortal would pass the ball to me and I'd pass it to another future Immortal. In terms of football the work ethic, the humility, the dedication and just what it takes to make it — he taught me that.". Cronk’s departure will see Sydney lose its star recruit but also gain back $1 million per year on their salary cap. He follows fellow Maroons legends Slater, Johnathan Thurston and Greg Inglis in bowing out of the game in recent years. I am forever in its debt.”. The art of sidestepping with a smile for 16 years have created one hell of a public persona. "I don't think 'thanks' cuts it to be honest," Cronk said. “I’ve got a lot of people to thank, coaches, sponsors, supporters, media, commentators,” he said. NRL champion Cooper Cronk saved his most beautiful and important tribute for last during an emotional retirement announcement on Monday. Co-captains Boyd Cordner and Jake Friend were put in an invidious position – in the coldest terms, their premiership-winning No.7 and great mate was deemed unable to deliver and was therefore replaceable. It was pretty cruisy.". those two guys will go down in history. "He's the greatest team player I've ever seen.". "Then the man walked in and opened up straight away to each and every one of us and said 'I'm here for you, what do you need'. "One piece of advice would be hard work pays off," Cronk mused. Slater and Smith are worthy Immortals in-waiting. Calling quits after last year's grand final, with a horrifically busted shoulder and premiership duly delivered, was simply not an option. "But there was a constant within that team.

For a man with more NRL games than any other half in history, and a career in the spotlight thanks to success only a handful can match, few get to truly see it. Those close to Cronk say he has lost some of the passion and hunger that made him one of the game’s elite players for the past decade. "Every sinew in my body" coming together for a particularly pinpoint Origin kick in 2017. For all the ink penned on Cronk over 16 years, these words summed him up as succinctly as any. He had given a two-year commitment to the Roosters. And I definitely wouldn't be here today.". Cronk paid special tribute to his coach at the Storm, describing Bellamy as "the most influential person on my footy career.". "The best third wheel the game has ever seen" emerged as an early contender for one-liner of the presser, Cronk deflecting praise to his Immortal-in waiting teammates. But he loves the boys. Cronk earned 38 caps for Australia — winning both World Cups that he played in — and played 22 times for Queensland in State of Origin. "I wouldn't be having the career or the fond memories that I've had without Craig Bellamy, because he was a major impact on that. Brave Cooper Cronk achieves 'legend status' in Roosters GF victory, Cooper Cronk goes out on top, announcing retirement from rep football, Forget the past and ignore the future, Geelong's time is now, Penrith reach first NRL grand final since 2003 with thrilling win over South Sydney, Geelong through to AFL grand final after convincing win over Brisbane, The Brownlow Medal will look different this year — here's everything you need to know, Record lap puts Cameron Waters into pole position after Bathurst shootout, Is it going to rain at Bathurst? The 35-year-old Sydney Roosters halfback has played 357 NRL matches for the Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters, winning premierships with both sides. The plaudits and adulation came flowing in thick and fast on Monday morning when Storm, Roosters, Queensland and Australian legend Cooper Cronk announced his retirement. However, Cronk's early return in game three sparked an emphatic 32-8 romp at Lang Park, and the Maroons went on to complete three more series victories. The victory saw him become the first play to win consecutive premeirships for two different clubs in the NRL era. Roosters players broke into giggles when Robinson began explaining it. news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site, rumours of a rift between them circulated the rugby league world, An awkward handshake with his former skipper at the close of a Roosters vs Storm match set the rumour mill on fire. And that was Cooper. Inside Story: How the Roosters defied the odds. Cronk's current coach at the Roosters, Trent Robinson, paid credit to Cronk as "one of the greats", saying he made him a better coach. 357 NRL games, five premierships, another three grand final appearances, 38 Tests, 22 Origins, two Dally M medals, a Golden Boot and a Clive Churchill Medal? NRL great Cooper Cronk has announced he will hang up his boots at the end of the 2019 season, ending a glittering 15-year career of rugby league. Coopercronk.com. "He's very clear on his moral compass, so that never wanes. The inspirational halfback retired from representative football after the 6-0 World Cup final victory over England in 2017. I don’t think thanks cuts it to be honest. The departure from Melbourne after 325 games for the Storm paid off immediately with the star half leading the Roosters to a premiership in his first season up north. A future Immortal would pass the ball to me and I’d pass it on to another future Immortal. Cronk thanked former Storm teammates Billy Slater and Cameron Smith, who he spent years dominating the competition with. But what of Cronk's moments, milestones and achievements? "I know Cooper doesn't let everybody see that part. “In 2001 when we met at Brisbane Norths who would have thought we would have that journey together. “Billy and Cameron. The pause, cause for a wry grin on James Tedesco's face, the Roosters fullback perhaps knowing what Cronk would offer up next. "And he wants to be a part of that, be that team man not just on the field but off the field. "The reason this worked wasn't because of me. "I thank [the Roosters] from the bottom of my heart and the part that they played for the last 18 months, and I look forward to the next six months because they sacrificed a lot for me to come here and I still don't think that I've lived up to that," he said.
"… We play a team sport. "My job here is to make sure the Roosters are a little bit closer to winning that next Premiership.". What you need to know, 'Four more years': ACT Labor begins historic sixth term in Government as Green vote surges, 'Tomorrow, we start': Jacinda Ardern's Labour Party wins New Zealand general election in landslide, Jacinda Ardern can no longer be dismissed as the millennial celebrity of modern politics, Brett Sutton responds to leaked email that shows he was looped in on hotel quarantine details, 'Something has gone wrong': Victoria and Feds at odds over New Zealand arrivals, Radio and TV host Basil Zempilas elected new Perth Lord Mayor, Nine arrested in France over beheading of teacher as Macron denounces 'Islamist terrorist attack', Paraglider killed in crash into the ocean on WA's rugged south coast, Victoria records just one new coronavirus case ahead of 'significant steps' out of lockdown, Why the 'poor Gladys, blinded by love' defence doesn't stack up, Rare 2.5m, 400kg turtle washes up dead on Gold Coast beach, possibly after shark net tangle, 6-0 World Cup final victory over England in 2017. But newly retired Cronulla Sharks legend Paul Gallen said he remained unconvinced after the awkward encounter. Cronk’s move to Sydney in late 2017 was one of the landmark talking points of the year. The Roosters shuffled Mitchell Pearce out to make it so. “My job was pretty easy. Cronk described his wife, Tara Rushton, and son Lennox as the “two best things that have ever happened to me” as he laid out a picture of their dream life together in rugby league retirement. "He came in 18 months ago and we knew were getting a top quality footballer," Robinson said.

NRL great Cooper Cronk has announced he will hang up his boots at the end of the 2019 season, ending a glittering 15-year career of rugby league.