(1981) is a young-adult novel by Lois Lowry. When Gertrustein names her new goldfish Mr. Stein and explains to Anastasia about their Brief and Unfortunate Marriage, it's incredibly funny and I wonder if I'm allowed to talk to children like that (I don't think that I am, but I would love to anyway). Bartok's kisser. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published I am glad I did. But her new home brings many surprises, not to mention a cute boy who lives down the street. Written by my daughter: Anastasia Krupnik is 12 years old and is doing pretty well considering the fact that she has a painter for a mother, a poet for a father, and a “weird” , smart, and irritating two-year-old for a little brother. Welcome back. Gertrude Stein! Good grief. Was this hilarious, for Pete's sake! I still love it. She has spunk, a good heart, she loves to write, and she wants to make sure she fits in some explicit sex in the mystery novel she is writing. This is an easy read and worked well for a nostalgia prompt in one of my challenges. Boston Globe included it in a shortlist of books recommended to help children cope with the uncertainty of moving house. (Oh, and Nancy Drew bores her because it's not subtle enough.) Heh, Walter Cronkite. I literally LOL quite a few times while reading this-good grief! After trying to read an unnamed novel before this which was way too graphic and violent for me, reminding me of why I enjoy the YA genre as I'm not into swearing, immorality and violence, this light read was perfect timing for Pete's sake. It's really a kid's book, for Pete's sake. Is it possible that surburbia has more to offer than Anastasia had expected? Well, like in any. Start by marking “Anastasia Again! Overall, Anastasia is a strong ( yet sarcastic ) and reasonabl… Good grief, every character was interesting and unique, and the plot was pretty funny... for Pete's sake. Pretty cute stuff! Anastasia is my patronus. Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. I certainly have memories of feeling envious of her tower bedroom! Isaac laughed so hard he almost cried at several parts, the final chapter included. Good grief, what a polar opposite this was, but not surprising. I laughed a lot as Anastasia made new friends (with the entire Senior Center) and Gertrustein. It's sort of liberal, hippy and even more entertaining. Her life is going good, and she feels pretty good about herself, too, even though the jerk, Robert Giannini, seems to suddenly like her, and her brother flushed her pet goldfish down the toilet. (1981) is a young-adult novel by Lois Lowry. Do they understand it? I love the little details: how Anastasia and her father leave little messages of "ownership" in their old home, and how they discover a similar sort of thing under the layers of wallpaper in Anastasia's new bedroom.