Not only did I identify with her on a ton of different levels, but this book also explored emotions that I had many times growing up in a military family. I found myself crossing my fingers just as hard that Amber's wishes would come true. There is a clear setting and...more, Amber Brown, Justin's best friend since preschool. Born in Washington, D.C., and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. BiblioCore: app03 Version 8.33.1 Last updated 2020/09/08 12:21. Book Summary: Amber Brown and Justin Daniels are best friends. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published Book Summary: Amber Brown and Justin Daniels are best friends. This book is a cute story of friendship. Making matters worse, Justin refuses to talk about his approaching departure. She stood up for herself. ;0{�^�� � ,.�n05�*(O( They've known each other for practically forever, sit next to each other in class, help each other with homework, and always stick up for each other. I’d recommend it for grades 1-3. The year she is in the third grade is a sad time for Amber because her best friend Justin is getting ready to move to a distant state. Will Amber Brown and Justin Daniels ever be friends again...read the book to find out. I've read every one, and I am proud to say she was my role model as a child. It also talks about the troubles of having a friend move away. Amber Brown is Not a Crayon by Paula Danziger is written on a third grade reading level. And all the sudden I'm crying over an Amber Brown book. Amber Brown is Not a Crayon Paula Danziger, Author, Meddaugh, Author, Tony Ross, Illustrator Little Apple $4.99 (80p) ISBN 978-0-590-45899-3 More By and About This Author This was a childhood favorite of mine that I really wanted to reread, mainly because I couldn't remember anything other than how much I loved it. There are no notices for this title yet. Amber gets mad that Justin does not seem upset that he is moving, so they stop talking. Amber and her best friend, Justin, have been best friends since pre-school, so the fact that Justin is moving to Alabama is very hard for Amber to deal with. Amber Brown and Justin Daniels are best friends. Amber Brown is not a Crayon is about a girl named Amber and her friend Justin which is moving to Arizona and leaving Amber behind in New Jersey. I gave this book three stars because I felt that the book, while funny, was still missing something that would make it more impactful. Subjects: English Language Arts, Reading, Literature. On one hand they are both losing their best friend, but on the other hand, Justin and his mom get to be with Justin's dad. During Justin's last day at school, Amber and Justin talk about him leaving and become friends again. During Justin's last day at school, Amber and Justin talk about him leaving and become friends again. Amber never says, "Justin Time." She gets picked on because of her brown hair and everyone teasing her by saying "Amber Brown is a crayon." But with a talk with their loved ones and a better understanding of things even with Justin moving their friendship remains. Every Amber Brown book was my sanctuary as a child. After finishing it, I totally know why I loved Amber Brown more than any other character in the other books I had read. She, Amber Brown is also dealing with the underlying tension of her parents’ recent divorce. This was a childhood favorite of mine that I really wanted to reread, mainly because I couldn't remember anything other than how much I loved it. I was also considering changing my name to Violet Green. She returned to teaching, but the success of her book encouraged her to become a full-time writer. The book has lessons on friendship, family, and life changes. At first, Amber doubted that it would actually happen, but then Justin's house gets sold. It is not uncommon in Mr. Cohen's class to go on a "trip" to a faraway place. They’ve known each other for practically forever, sit next to each other in class, help each other with homework, and always stick up for each other. Also, it's because it has my name in the title! This hurtful separation and the … There is nothing that can possibly ruin this year...except her best friend is moving away! Her and her friend Justin are playing when they see the for sale sign that was in front of his house get covered by a SOLD sticker. That's when it really hits Amber that he is moving. When I went to the Salvation Army to look around, my mom and I saw these books. Born in Washington, D.C., and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Refresh and try again. Can't wait to share with my little girl! It is also the name for a brownish-yellow color. This book was about amber brown and her best friend .They were good friends until one of them moved.Thwy had to result in the conflict.Also they say that amber brown in a brown crayons beacuse of her last name .They be mean to her and bully her.I learned that u should always think you have like real friends.I would recomened this book to everyone and girls that are growing up beacuse to make sure stuff like bullying doesnt happened .