Alvin Kamara was already among rare company after his impressive play in the first three weeks of the 2020 season, but the New Orleans Saints superstar has leveled up even further with four games behind him. But he’s healthy now, and already reaping the rewards. This is a 0 star matchup. And the timeline wasn’t promising: an 8-month recovery, with rest being the only real cure. RBs perform worse than their average vs, This is a 5 star matchup. Saints may have hit another undrafted home run with Marquez Callaway, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. After spraining his ankle in practice before a game with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Kamara initially tried to roll with it, but his cleats caught in the turf and he ended up being buried beneath a pile of other players. The trio held a wide-ranging discussion on Kamara’s college career (which started with plenty of friction with Nick Saban, who put Kamara into a “timeout box” during Alabama practices), his rare success with the Saints, their favorite New Orleans restaurants, and Kamara’s viral offseason workouts and semi-vegan diet. Not only did he laud Wallace’s courage for speaking out, he also had high praise for the white drivers standing with Wallace. He’d rock with me. Among those fans: New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, who was wearing a T-shirt and cap with Wallace’s name on them. The New Orleans Saints suspended wide receiver Michael Thomas for Week 5's game with the Los Angeles Chargers after an altercation during practice with safety C.J. “I don’t know a thing about NASCAR,” said Jennifer McClellan, one of the fans in attendance. Tape it. Fans — only 1,000 of them, mostly military members and their guests — were at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday, marking the first time people were on that side of the fence at a NASCAR race since the coronavirus pandemic shut down sports worldwide. CAR is ranked 30th against fantasy RB . Sunday was his first time at a NASCAR race, but not his first time at a NASCAR track — he caught a touchdown pass in Tennessee’s 45-24 win over Virginia Tech at Bristol in 2016. WRs perform better than their average vs CLE, No, I'm a California resident looking for the California Consumer Privacy Act form. And it's made superstar Saints running back Alvin Kamara curious. And I’m like, ‘Man, I’m trying.'”. He’s poised for another prime-time performance against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night. I’ll just get through this game, get the MRI, and on Monday we’ll figure it out.”. It was closer than it should’ve been. A person familiar with the contract says it … With that, four jets from nearby Homestead Air Force Base roared in the sky over the track. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. The applause that followed was just a smattering, a sliver of the normal noise levels inside the enormous outdoor stadium that has hosted racing for more than 20 years. Through four games, he has now put up the third-most … I know it’s been wrong this whole time. Click here to confirm your accessLogin Now. Please check your email for a confirmation. But not to say if I wasn’t injured it would’ve turned out different. SPORTS ILLUSTRATED is a registered trademark of ABG-SI LLC. “Maybe before they weren’t comfortable to say it.”. Instead, he sat out two weeks before returning, gutting out the pain and frustrations of playing on such a severe injury. “He’s got the weight of the world on his shoulders, being the only African-American driver and with what’s going on with the climate of the world right now and taking a stand,” Kamara said. Same thing with Drew [Brees]. It's understandable that people would be frustrated by this. The U.S. colors flew in the center of the backstretch, swaying gently in the breeze. That's a thought that excites Saints coach Sean Payton. The mayor's office isn't keen on becoming the first to break that trend. Gardner-Johnson (who also goes by "Ceedy Duce"), and it drew a range of reactions from NFL fans across social media. It’s a treat. Already a premium subscriber? Jon Secada, one of South Florida’s music superstars, performed “The Star-Spangled Banner” — like Boselli, doing so remotely. He has known Wallace for a few years, though he confessed he didn’t know much about auto racing until now. Let me say the right thing now,’” Kamara said. Week 6 Rankings. Quieter cheers, but cheers nonetheless. Football legend Tony Boselli, a COVID-19 survivor, offered the invocation, fitting at a race rescheduled by the pandemic. Bubba Wallace wore a mask in the colors of the American flag, his hand over his heart as he stood for the national anthem. Get instant advice on your decision to start Alvin Kamara or Diontae Johnson for Week 4. There wasn’t a Confederate flag in sight. © 2020 ABG-SI LLC. … In troubled and unprecedented times, a bit of normalcy returned to sports Sunday. The Saints won 13-6, with Kamara running 11 times to gain 31 yards while catching 7 of 8 targets for another 35 yard. Saints running back Alvin Kamara attended Sunday's race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, applauding Bubba Wallace for taking a stand as NASCAR's lone Black driver. Kamara has been the Saints’ best player through two weeks with 241 yards from scrimmage and four combined touchdowns scored. He collaborated with his former teammate Mark Ingram on their new “Truss Levelz” podcast from The Players’ Tribune, and their first guest is an old friend: Alvin Kamara. Alvin Kamara fantasy football profile including stats, analytics, career stats, game logs, splits and more from The Fantasy Footballers. Kamara recounted his experience in the blue medical tent: “So [Director of Sports Medicine Beau Lowery], you know Beau’s like, ‘A.K., what do you want to do?’ So I tell him to tape me up, I’m good. Sun, 10/25 at 1:00 pm EST. {{ player.position + ' - ' + player.team }}. The trio held a wide-ranging discussion on Kamara’s college career (which started with plenty of friction with Nick Saban, who put Kamara … He collaborated with his former teammate Mark Ingram on their new “Truss Levelz” podcast from The Players’ Tribune, and their first guest is an old friend: Alvin Kamara.. All Rights Reserved. 30 . Saints running back Alvin Kamara is coming off a stellar rookie season, and he’s staying very busy in the offseason by … pulling cars apparently. I’m happy that I did play so we don’t have to know,” Kamara said. “I’m just going to be honest and say it gives some of these white drivers, who are predominant in the sport, a platform for them to be like, ‘You know what? The New Orleans Saints have not received clearance from Mayor LaToya Cantrell to host large numbers of fans for home games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome amid the COVID-19 pandemic, so they've begun looking into a temporary move to LSU's Tiger Stadium, where a crowd as strong as 25,000 could join them. “The locker room knows what I went through,” Kamara continued. Still, cheers were back. Thomas hasn't played since suffering an ankle sprain back in Week 1, and he's experienced enough to know better than to swing at a teammate (especially when they've got their helmet on). Kamara added that he spoke with Lowery after the MRI results returned, showing a Grade 2 tear on his MCL. New Orleans Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan had an eventful summer. Wallace is the only full-time Black driver in the Cup Series, and he has essentially become the face of the movement that led to NASCAR’s decision last week to ban the Confederate flag from tracks.