"The Stars My Destination". The boredom of the chivalrous knights and their milk-maid passion for the fairy tale princess. You are what you think. I've handed life and death back to the people who do the living and the dying. One of the things that everybody knows about space travel but never mentions is its aphrodisiac quality. It was not exasperation with Chooka. It's only necessary to believe that somewhere there's something worthy of belief. Unfortunately, unexpected paths lead to disaster in everyday life. Life is a freak. The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, https://en.wikiquote.org/w/index.php?title=Alfred_Bester&oldid=2594364, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Yes, no matter how we defend ourselves against the outside we’re always licked by something from the inside. 'You're the first not to be deceived by my looks. Now, these men weren’t idiots. . You hear me, you? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. In other words, any child can complain, but it takes an adult to clash with accepted beliefs . Powell repressed the wave of exasperation that rose up in him. Book by Alfred Bester (Chapter 16, p. 251), 1957. Alfred Bester Quotes and Sayings - Page 1. You pigs, you. There’s no defense against betrayal, and we all betray ourselves. an adult with ideas. We prattle about free will, but we’re nothing but response...mechanical reaction in prescribed grooves.”, “Wait,” Foyle commanded. . You hear me, you? You straighten him out and turn him into a plus value. Alfred Bester (December 18, 1913 – September 30, 1987) was an American science fiction author, TV and radio scriptwriter, magazine editor and scripter for comic strips and comic books. People will see it as Author Name with your public flash cards. "The Stars My Destination". Got a genius in you and think crazies. I'm not a robot. Do that enough and all you've got left are the sheep. Alfred Bester (December 18, 1913 – September 30, 1987) was an American science fiction author, TV and radio scriptwriter, magazine editor and scripter for comic strips and comic books. Dagenham raged, Don't you realize that you can't trust people? A genius is someone who travels to truth by an unexpected path. It's obvious we can't all be a Gully Foyle, but most of us energize at such a low level, so far short of our real capabilities, we could all be more, do more. Yes, no matter how we defend ourselves against the outside we’re always licked by something from the inside. He wasted no time on prayer or thanks but continued the business of survival. December 18, 1913 – September 30, 1987. You want to hold on to him. Gully Foyle is my name And Terra is my nation Deep space is my dwelling place The stars my destination. Remarkable Last Words (or Near-Last Words). We always do what's natural, only sometimes we shouldn't do it. They don’t know enough for their own good.”. We've become the spaghetti sauce.". Share. This was a Golden Age, a time of high adventure, rich living and hard dying... but nobody thought so. You pigs, you. You straighten him out and turn him into a plus value. This means that he must have devoted serious thought to it, and have beliefs of his own which will stand up in the place of the broken idol. If this is true, literature's loss is science fiction's gain, for Out of Bounds, Judith Merril's collection of short stories, is a warm and colorful rendering of the minutiae of the future. I'm not. It was not exasperation with Chooka. Life is a freak. Share. I've handed life and death back to the people who do the living and the dying. They were geniuses who paid a high price for their genius because the rest of their thinking was other-world. Then let them learn or die. It was not exasperation with Chooka. Quotes by Alfred Bester worth reading. But you always have been freaks. They don’t know enough for their own good. Don't ask the world to stop moving because you have doubts. The man who gives his own decisions priority over society is a criminal. You want to hold on to him. "The Stars My Destination". You are what you think. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. You hear me, you? All a you. He awoke. December 18, 1913 – September 30, 1987. Be grateful that you never see the passions, the hatreds, the jealousies, the malice, the sicknesses... Be grateful you rarely see the frightening truth in people. He looked at the beaming grin engraved in the steel robot face. I'm treating you like a relative. You straighten him out and turn him into a plus value. Tags: The mind is the reality. There's no defense against betrayal, and we all betray ourselves. . This was a future of fortune and theft, pillage and rapine, culture and vice... but nobody admitted it. . Do that enough and all you've got left are the sheep. The mind is the reality. Revenge is for dreams...never for reality. You pigs, you. Dagenham raged, “Don’t you realize that you can’t trust people? Oh God! Every you...'[...]Take a war to ma Millions for nonsense, but not one cent for entropy. A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Explore the absolute best Alfred Bester Famous Quotes and Sayings to lift your spirits. Damn, you, Dagenham, raged, trust, people, know, enough, own, Yes, I'd like to receive Word of the Day emails from YourDictionary.com. So confused. If a man's got talent and guts to buck society, he's obviously above average. onu düzeltir ve daha değerli bir hale dönüştürürsünüz, kazandırırsınız. 1956. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Do that enough and all you've got left are the sheep. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. They don’t know enough for their own good. The man who gives his own decisions priority over society is a criminal. ', 'You pigs, you. Enjoy the best Alfred Bester quotes and picture quotes! “That’s me,” he said, motioning to the robot. Share. no matter how we defend ourselves against the outside we're always licked by something from the inside. There are more than 67+ quotes in our Alfred Bester quotes collection. The mind is the reality. Unfortunately, unexpected paths lead to disaster in everyday life. Be grateful that you never see the passions, the hatreds, the jealousies, the malice, the sicknesses... Be grateful you rarely see the frightening truth in people. You got the most in you, and you use the least. But you always have been freaks. and Then let them learn or die. Share with your friends. The damnable frustration of revenge. You got the most in you, and you use the least.