or Best Offer. A 1980s Card Part 55 - 1980 Cardinals Future Stars, 10th Annual Almost the Easiest World Series Contest on the Web - Divisional Series Round-Up, Baseball Happenings Podcast | Lauren Taylor Interview, An Illustrated Guide to “Headin’ Home,” Babe Ruth’s First Feature Film. They told me about this one in the Valley Glen area, and we bought it. Osteen was 5–16 in those games and had a 3.33 ERA. Osteen Does. Back in the day, I played against and with some former major league players in high school and college, but never realized Claude Osteen had that connection to this area. Floods, fires, and other disasters. Claude Osteen (1968) Osteen went 12–18 that season, with horrible run support. Gavin was a left-handed pitcher, and if he hadn’t had shoulder trouble, I think he had a chance of making it (to the majors). Osteen was raised in the church, a Baptist congregation founded by his father in 1959. He is the son of John Osteen who was a Pastor and founder of Lakewood Church and mother Dolores Pilgrim Osteen a church official. Address Only registered members on SCF forum can view addresses and use the TTMM application to track what they sent! And Annville was much more than just a stop along the way. Why are prices of 2018 Topps Update Baseball so high? Every player who takes the field has his own story. But whatever generation you’re in, you like the change. “My wife had an aunt and uncle who lived in Palmyra,” said Osteen, a native of Caney Spring, Tennessee, during an exclusive interview with Lebanon Sports Buzz. Blog Kiosk: 9/15/2020 - Dodgers Links & News - Some Odds and Ends. I was pretty much able to accomplish everything a pitcher wants to be able to accomplish. “It was called Claude Osteen’s Cycle Park in Pomona,” Truesdill said. What kind of place do you need? I also hit nine home runs, which gives you bragging rights when hitters start getting on you about your pitching. Where Are They Now? He never could follow his father to the majors, though, but he did later follow his father into coaching. The average number of innings per start has not been above six … “I had a long career as a pitcher,” continued Osteen. The Nationals Win! Watch. David (son) was a good pitcher too, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, when baseball was putting an emphasis on how hard you threw.”. Required fields are marked *. “I was scared to death. JSA authenticated. The son followed his father into professional baseball, going to that spring training in 1988. Your email address will not be published. Final Update (It's been such a long time). “The thing I’m most proud of is my consistency,” said Osteen. He shared his childhood with 4 other siblings Tamara Osteen, Lisa Osteen, Justin Osteen, and April Osteen. It was totally different. “I grew up on a farm in Tennessee,” said Osteen. As long as I was in it, I saw the game change. “Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to see much of that (son Gavin leading Annville-Cleona to a state championship in 1986),” Osteen added. Upon his retirement as a player in 1975, Osteen took a job as the St. Louis Cardinals’ pitching coach. Free shipping . You get pictures you’ve never seen before. I always favored the small towns. While the elder Osteen stood confidently in front of the parishioners and preached week after week, Joel worked happily behind the scenes for 17 years. “You had different restrictions and you had to have a game plan,” added Osteen. I was going to help with the baseball program at Lebanon Valley College. When that starts to go, you can see it right away. “The thing that amazes me is that they keep coming. There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time, Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - Make an Offer, Claude Osteen Autographed Feeney National League Baseball Dodgers PSA/DNA G12052, Claude Osteen Signed Autographed Major League Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers COA, Claude Osteen signed Los Angeles Dodgers 1970 Topps Scratch Off baseball card, Claude Osteen Autographed Signed AL Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Beckett S78480. - Claude Osteen autographed NL White baseball. To watch live Palmyra sports, click here at game time. At that point in his heralded career, Osteen was hurling for the Los Angeles Dodgers. A night I will always remember personally Is when I was in inducted into the central Pennsylvania sports Hall of Fame, along with Claude Osteen and long time Hershey Bears Coach Frank Mathers. I had a career a lot of people would give their life for, and my kids have loved it as well.”. The best kind of cards I'll see this month... Sanford Field, Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium, and Sanford Museum, This Card Is Cool - My Life in Baseball Cards, 1993 Phillies Scorebook Retrospective: Game 82 7/4/1993, Placeholder for Not Blogging Enough: Various Top 10 Wantlists. Joel Osteen was born as Joel Scott Osteen on March 5, 1963, in Houston, Texas. Had no idea he lived in this area back then. Claude Osteen Signed 8X10 Photo Autograph LA Dodgers Road Pitching Auto COA, Claude Osteen Autographed NL Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Beckett COA F22667, Claude Osteen Tri Star Coa Hand Signed Major League Autograph Baseball, Claude Osteen #270 signed autograph auto 1966 Topps Baseball Trading Card, Claude Osteen & Wally Bunker Dual Signed 8X10 B&W PHOTO 1966 World Series AUTOS, Claude Osteen signed autograph auto 3x5 index card Baseball Player 8133-00, Claude Osteen Signed 8X10 Photo Autograph LA Dodgers Home Pitching Auto COA. Thirteen hits aren’t enough: New Haven falls to Saint Louis 9-7, BASEBALL BLOGGER SECRET SANTA! It worked our pretty well.”. Although I am from (and currently live in) Enola, PA and it is pretty neat to hear of his connections here. Claude Osteen fans and collectors, you have come to the right place. I still love watching it. Claude Osteen autographed NL White baseball. The fear, you get wrapped up in it. 2018 USA Baseball 18U National Team, Trying Something Different: Orioles 1035-1040. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. The hitters started getting better, stronger and stronger and stronger.”. It’s just the situation you are involved with. To watch live Annville-Cleona sports, click here at game time, FRIDAY’S FINALS – Football: Wilson 41, Cedar Crest 6; Columbia 44, Annville-Cleona 6; Cedar Cliff 42, Palmyra 0; Elco 36, Northern Lebanon 7, Little Dutchmen Long for More Moments to Make the Most of, Raiders Run Over, Around and Away from Annville-Cleona. Remember When Claude Osteen Lived In Annville? I’ve always signed everything sent to me and I’ve never charged for it. Draft 2019 Blog Post (not liveblogging! “I was out of baseball for one year. That’s what brought us to Annville. “The game certainly has changed,” said Osteen. Overall, he had a 3.08 ERA (’68 was the year of the pitcher, and the MLB ERA was 2.98 that season) and a 2.86 FIP. I knew I wouldn’t have any trouble communicating. Come on Guys and Gals ! Having to pull kids out of school is not the best thing. Your email address will not be published. Address success percentage: 93% Total number of submission on this address: 19 # of Success: 13 # of Failed: 1 # of Pending: 5: Instruction: Added by: johan29lhp Added on: 05-20-2009 : Name Date … 5 out of 5 stars (1) 1 product ratings - Claude Osteen Signed 8X10 Photo Autograph LA Dodgers Road Pitching Auto COA. 1960s Baseball Blog | Enjoy the Memories! Then the Phillies came calling. sorry!). I took it with the stipulation that I’d do it unless someone (a major league organization) came calling. To watch live Northern Lebanon sports, click here at game time. Pitching was an art. With the hindsight that comes with the passage of time, those are the stories I try to tell here. I tried to make it home as much as I could. To watch live Elco sports, click here at game time. You Really Disappointed me ! To watch live Cedar Crest sports, click here at game time. It still is today. $14.99. (SIGN UPS), Saying goodbye... Cards Sold in 2013-14 (mixed feelings), Dominant Pitching 2013: This hadn't been done since 1964, Vin Scully Bobblehead Now Available At BobblesGalore.com, eBay Loot: John O'Donoghue Seattle Pilots Autograph, The Mathematics of Tax Increases and Job Creation Supports Democratic Argument, Operation Shutdown - A Pittsburgh Pirates Blog, The Great American Baseball Card Blog & Box Break Headquarters, Card of the Day #5: 2009-10 Panini Prestige #222 Bonus Green Shots TYLER HANSBROUGH RC Serial #18/25. I was quite excited about it. For a period of nearly two decades, beginning in the mid-1960s, Osteen, a former major league pitcher and pitching coach, owned a farm in the Annville area. I wanted to get the kids in a stationary position. Which Lebanon County football squad will win the most games this fall? I tried to make it home as much as I could. I was getting to the point in my career where I was moving around a lot. Very nice area! Annville is a great place to grow up, and a great place to raise a family. Gavin was a left-handed pitcher, and if he hadn’t had shoulder trouble, I think he had a chance of making it (to the majors). “I pretty much averaged seven innings per start over my career. “That was in the middle of my career. Claude & Gavin Osteen RARE Father/Son Signed/Autographed Baseball PSA/DNA COA. He always turned down his father's requests to step onto the stage. When the game was played in the (19)60s and (19)70s, it was very competitive. We liked to come to Pennsylvania. Watch. Then, in January of 1999, things changed. “Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to see much of that (son Gavin leading Annville-Cleona to a state championship in 1986),” Osteen added. He and his wife raised their five children there, four of whom attended Annville-Cleona High School. I’m thankful I was able to stay healthy. I had them looking for a farm in the area. $69.99. I wouldn’t trade the era I pitched in. They (fans) stll remember that you signed it. $6.50 shipping. “During that time before I took the Phillies’ job, I was running a taxi cab service, running my kids all over the place,” said Osteen, 80. “You’ve got to look at the kids.