As first reported by The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Asofa-Solomona was allegedly defending Vunivalu, who claims he was king hit by a patron inside the venue. To take photos and speak to fans, etc. A graphic image shows Melbourne Storm star Suliasi Vunivalu's battered face after he was attacked inside a Bali nightclub, before his teammate allegedly unleashed a barrage of punches outside the club moments later. Former NRL star and Fox Sports pundit Braith Anasta has alleged Suliasi Vunivalu was ‘being threatened with a glass object’ before Melbourne Storm team-mate Nelson Asofa-Solomona came to his defence outside a Bali nightclub. Both groups were forced to leave the venue shortly after the punch-up, which is when Nelson Asofa-Solomona allegedly retaliated outside the venue. He backed the actions of Asofa-Solomona, while Anasta also offered support despite condemning the violence of the incident. Every single one of them were complete gentlemen. Storm officials and members of the NRL Integrity Unit met Asofa-Solomona in Melbourne, where it is believed he told them he reacted after Vunivalu was hit with a coward punch as they were leaving the nightclub. The 23-year-old returned to Australia on Monday morning and has reportedly already been interviewed by the NRL as part of an Integrity Unit investigation. MORE: Jackson Hastings included in Wayne Bennett's Great Britain squad | James Tedesco caps off remarkable season with RLPA Players' Champion crown |. Disturbing footage has captured the moment Nelson Asofa-Solomona (pictured in the purple shirt) unleashed a barrage of punches on bouncers outside a night club in Bali. Couple in Italian city of Milan 'fined £360 for kissing in the street' as 'removing their masks breaches... Britons are being sentenced to a slow, agonising death... by No 10's panic squad, writes PETER HITCHENS. Check out all the big moments from the two grand final qualifiers. A witness in Bali told the Daily Telegraph that Asofa-Solomona went 'berserk.'. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. Nelson was defending his mates, his teammates. These young men are amazing role models for the Melbourne Storm and our game of rugby league. ", Assiego said that Asofa-Solomona was immediately remorseful: "After the fighting he told me sorry many times, like sorry sorry. Video footage allegedly showing giant Storm and New Zealand prop Asofa-Solomona in a fight that spilled onto the street went viral on Sunday night. EXCLUSIVE: Police swoop on civil servant suspected of Washington files leak - 15 months after Mail on Sunday... CNN reporter denies passing on information from Britain's former US ambassador and 'lover' Lord Darroch. Braith Anasta, who was with Storm players in Bali before the brawl occurred, backed an account that winger Suliasi Vunivalu was "king hit" in an unprovoked attack by a fellow patron at the La Favela nightclub in Seminyak. "His reaction was aggressive for sure, but we don't know what happened ... and I explained what happened before. British anti-maskers behaved 'like spoilt brats' when they refused to wear masks on flight home from... 'Big mouth' scientists are losing the trust of Ministers who are unhappy about the forceful manner in which... DAN HODGES: How can we follow the science when the scientists haven't the foggiest? The image shows the Fijian star with a large gash under his eye and another gouge on his lip, which bled profusely after the attack. “I spent the whole afternoon and night with them before the incident took place. One of the men, allegedly armed with a bottle, had approached the players when 6''7' Asofa-Solomona began throwing punches in a distinctive purple Hawaiian shirt. The fight (pictured) spread from the footpath outside the club onto the road between cars stopped in heavy traffic. Bystanders were forced to scatter away from the brawl as the men raged across the street. Asofa-Solomona was forced to make a premature return to Melbourne on Monday, and told waiting media at the airport: 'My side of the story will be told soon'. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sportal_com_au/7/fa/braith-anasta_1qm9loi7314871kj0x63z1f3mf.jpg?t=-820206483&w=500&quality=80, allegedly showing giant Storm and New Zealand prop Asofa-Solomona in a fight, Jackson Hastings included in Wayne Bennett's Great Britain squad, James Tedesco caps off remarkable season with RLPA Players' Champion crown. The owner of La Favela, Gonzalo Assiego, has told Nine News that Asofa-Solomona reacted to Vunivalu being assaulted and that he was also threatened with a glass bottle. Strictly Come Dancing 2020 pairings REVEALED: Nicola Adams and Katya Jones CONFIRMED as show's first-ever... 'Everybody's Free... are we heck!' The nightclub owner told 9News the incident outside the bar looks bad, but only because they were unaware of what happened inside. Bali brawl: Suliasi Vunivalu photo emerges as New Zealand wait on Nelson Asofa-Solomona investigation. The footage of the violent brawl went viral on Sunday night, sparking questions from the NRL integrity unit and forcing Asofa-Solomana on the first flight home. "I spent the whole afternoon and night with them before the incident with Nelson took place. "It's so bad, because (the public) don't see the reality of what happened before," Assiego told Renae Henry for Nine News. The 200cm, 115kg prop said upon arrival at Melbourne airport: "My side of the story will be told soon.". The king-hit is what instigated a vicious street brawl involving front-row teammate Nelson Asofa-Solomona who went berserk and took matters into his own hands to deal with the attacker. But the former Canterbury, Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers star claimed the giant prop was responding to an immediate threat – not the king hit – alleging a patron was armed with a glass bottle when the now infamous brawl broke out. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. Assiego said that Vunivalu was assaulted inside his club before the violence spilled on to the outside street. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. Nelson Asofa-Solomona is facing a ban from New Zealand's post-season Tests over his wild Bali street fight, but an NRL great has backed Melbourne Storm players over the nasty incident. “Again, I do not condone this behaviour but to hammer the whole of the @storm and their players over this is a complete over exaggeration and in my opinion completely out of line. I feel sorry for him. JBP Sports Edits 104,497 views. People come up to me in the street and tell me I'm brave: Laurence Fox tells... Julie Walters reveals she's giving up acting after the stress of it 'caused her cancer' - and admits the... Why are diabetics STILL not given the gadget that frees them from finger prick blood tests? Graphic evidence has also come to light, with The Daily Telegraph obtaining a photograph of Vunivalu's face that then spread on social media. Global coronavirus cases rise by more than 400,000 in one day for the first time, as UN secretary general... Is tracking down every super spreader the REAL key to beating Covid-19?