Too much thinking can ruin you.” ― quote from Ordinary People, “People have a right to be the way they are.” The American people need to know we understand that they elected us to fight for economic opportunity for all. You can’t feel pain, you aren’t gonna feel anything else, either.” Or at least as often as people in the private sector try to do as well as they can. pages, Rating: Get those months, days, hours, minutes out of the way, it can’t be quick enough.” The whole idea of 'Secret Life of Muslims' is that we're just ordinary people. Until you are through it. When we see the banks get bailed out with seemingly no consequences while ordinary people pay the price with job and wage cuts through austerity measures, who could blame a person for wondering where the loyalties of their elected leaders really lie? There are two - parallel - universes of science. And I know why she never came to the hospital because she was too busy going to goddamn Spain and goddamn Portugal! My books are about ordinary people, like you, me, people on the street, people who really have an expectation of reasonable happiness in life, want their life to have a sense of security and predictability, who want to belong to something bigger than them, who want love and affection in their life, who want a good future for the children. I mean, it used to be that a hug was reserved for if you came back from Australia - you know, back in the '40s and '50s. But you're so cautious. MovieQuotes.com © 1998-2020 | All rights reserved, directed this movie We feel (16.5K votes), “People who keep stiff upper lips find that it's damn hard to smile.” - Conrad "Con" Jarrett: You tell her to stop it! Did it ever occur to you that you might have been stronger? Ordinary People is a 1980 American drama film about the disintegration of an upper-middle class family in Lake Forest, Illinois, following the death of a son in a boating accident.. Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people. The colonial period has been the proving ground in America for the new social history, which concentrates on the ordinary doings of ordinary people rather than on high culture and high politics. Andy Serkis. My parents were ordinary people; we lived in a small apartment. Ne mogu je privoljeti da preskoči svoje sastanke, ne mogu je ukrasti iz društva drugih. You never tell her a goddamn thing! Svaki dan je povrijedim svojom hladnoćom, a ona mene uništava svojom.” - Calvin "Cal" Jarrett: Some things happen in this world, people don't always have the answers for them, you know! Why can't we talk about it? ― quote from Ordinary People, “Feeling is not selective, I keep telling you that. ― quote from Ordinary People, “And do not be paralyzed. world; conversely, gleaning the main ideas of a book via a quote or a quick summary is I want ordinary people to enjoy a decent standard of living, with ever increasing security, comfort and joy. I think there's a mythology that if you want to change the world, you have to be sainted, like Mother Teresa or Nelson Mandela or Archbishop Desmond Tutu. crazy world or maybe it's just the view we have of it, looking through a crack in the door, never being able to see the whole room, the whole picture.” That's us. By and large, they're trying to do it as well as they can. submissions from our visitors and will select the quotes we feel are most appealing to Or don't use them. This, to me, is the ultimately heroic trait of ordinary people; they say no to the tyrant and they calmly take the consequences of this resistance. 'Then stitch me another.” - Jeannine: Hey, you stand behind me in the choir, you sing well, you have a lot of energy. The results were execrable. offer you some of the highlights. These notes were contributed by members of the GradeSaver community. You can ignore or embrace video games and imbue them with the best artistic quality. ― Henry George, quote from Progress and Poverty. One is the actual day-to-day work of scientists, patiently researching into all parts of the world and sometimes making amazing discoveries. We hope you’ll join us. - Beth Jarrett: I want this to be a nice Christmas. ''Bryan won't let you sleep in the same bed with him if you bring this as your dowry,' I said with an attempt at humor.She bent her head back over her book. Directed by Robert Redford.Written by Alvin Sargent, based on the 1976 novel Ordinary People by Judith Guest. ― quote from Ordinary People, “. Everyone seems to see bleakness and despair in my books. She actually smiled. Looking at America's history, ordinary people did something extraordinary. Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old ordinary people quotes, ordinary people sayings, and ordinary people proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources. How light overcomes darkness in a way that's unmistakable to anyone who has any kind of faith. Ordinary people with lives that go up and down and around in circles can still contribute to change. Or else they no longer apply. Some of them are so far from pathetic, so far from meaningless as to be beyond reason, maybe beyond forgiveness.” Now, perfectly ordinary people will give each other hugs. Perhaps people like us cannot love. There is no dealing; he knows that much. It is a first” ― quote from Ordinary People, “Elisandra read while I tried my hand at embroidering a pillowcase that she lent me. Today he would have been nineteen.” ― quote from Ordinary People, “fast. For some of us a quote becomes a mantra, a goal or a - Dr. Berger: It hurts to be mad at him, doesn't it? who share an affinity for books. A biopic would have required hiring an actor, and I always wanted to just let Bobby be Bobby. Of course. Rating: (16.5K votes) ... Today he would have been nineteen.” ― quote from Ordinary People “He hangs on now, pressing his hand lightly against the wall, below the window, waiting for the familiar arrow of pain. ― quote from Ordinary People, “People use people according to their own needs. Of all feeling. Infinity in the Palm of Her Hand: A Novel of Adam and Eve, ― Sharon Shinn, quote from Summers at Castle Auburn, ― Philippa Gregory, quote from The Virgin's Lover, ― Meg Wolitzer, quote from The Ten-Year Nap, ― Rachel Klein, quote from The Moth Diaries, ― Henry George, quote from Progress and Poverty. ― quote from Ordinary People, “Geez, if I could get through to you, kiddo, that depression is not sobbing and crying and giving vent, it is plain and simple reduction of feeling.