[19] The back-and-forth fight ended in a majority draw. Log into your account . For the vacant UCMMA Welterweight Championship. Please check your email for a confirmation. “Let it go,” Adesanya said. your username. suspensions unless they receive medical clearance. [20] One of the judges scored it 29-28 for Vettori, and the others viewed it as a 28-28 draw, with Akhmedov winning the first two rounds, but Vettori having a dominant 10-8 round in the third. He knows deep down he’ll never get a title shot. He starts out his training at 10am to train on his striking technique with his coach, Rafael Cordeiro, for an hour, follow by wrestling drills and cage work with the help of Mark Muñoz. The fight lasted three rounds and Vettori lost via unanimous decision, with 29-28 scores across the board. Watch Marvin Vettori backstage after his victory over Karl Roberson. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. Weidman will make his return to middleweight against Omari What are you doing here?’ And I said, ‘I’m here for my boy (Alexander) Volkanovski’s fight.’ Then I had to tell him just shush, ‘When I told you guys I would come train with you (after our fight), it wasn’t about you or because I lost. - Significant Striking Accuracy SApM - … With Omari Akhmedov out of his fight with Marvin Vettori, the Italian fighter is getting an upgrade. By: Tristen CritchfieldThe winners of the two featured bouts at By: Tristen CritchfieldChris ShowBuzz Daily. Check out three fighters you should know ahead of their showdowns at UFC Vegas 2, featuring Marvin Vettori, Charles Jourdain and Merab Dvalishvili. SLpM - Significant Strikes Landed per Minute Str. He is a former Venator Fighting Championship welterweight champion and he is currently signed to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), where he competes in the Middleweight division. [14], Vettori next faced Antônio Carlos Júnior at UFC 207 on December 30, 2016. [32] However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, the event was cancelled. 127.4k Followers, 548 Following, 456 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Marvin Vettori (@marvinvettori) [30] Vettori won the fight via unanimous decision. Two teammates is the Italian (Vettori), and then there’s Kelvin Gastelum. against Jessica Eye [18], Vettori faced Omari Akhmedov on December 30 at UFC 219. Marvin Vettori (born September 20, 1993) is an Italian mixed martial artist. Cyborg. UFC on ESPN 10 card attracted an average audience of 908,000 [6][10], When he started out training MMA in Italy, Vettori went to six different gyms to get all the skills and training he needed, as in Italy, at that time, the sport was still growing and a proper MMA gym was hard to find. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn. in Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 10 headliner. Middleweight striking phenom Israel Adesanya takes on Italy’s youngest MMA fighter to reach the UFC Marvin Vettori in the co-main event of Fight Night Glendale airing live … [22] He lost the fight via split decision, with two judges scoring the fight 29-28 for Adesanya, and the third judging it as 29-28 for Vettori. UFC on ESPN 10 are facing potentially lengthy medical 2021 I’ll see you. [23], On April 23, 2019, it was reported that Vettori was suspended for 6 months as he tested positive for ostarine, a selective androgen receptor modulator, from an out-of-competition test conducted on August 24, 2018. Lee. [27][28] However, it was reported that Sanchez was forced to pull from the event due to an eye infection, resulting the cancellation of the bout. You'll now receive the top MMA Junkie stories each day directly in your inbox. UFC middleweight standout Marvin Vettori (15-4-1 MMA) has gone 3-0 since dropping a split decision loss to Israel Adesanya in April of 2018. Despite the Italian’s recent success, the UFC’s reigning middleweight champion in Israel Adesanya recently revealed that he would never fight Vettori again. • „Jacare” wskakuje na zastępstwo podczas UFC 256! Despite the Italian’s recent success, the UFC’s reigning middleweight champion in Israel Adesanya recently revealed that he would never fight Vettori … Akhmedov at a UFC event on Aug. 8. viewers on Saturday night, according to Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! monitoring_string = "5eb5a0f65cbe346d74f978e14db1b00d" Ask you dad, I’m sure he knows.”. If you are Conor McGregor's coach / manager, who would you have him Thanks for signing up. By: Tristen CritchfieldCynthia [41] This win earned him the Performance of the Night award. [31], Vettori was scheduled to face Darren Stewart on March 21, 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Woodley vs. Won the Venator FC Welterweight Championship. [9] He was into martial arts when he was young, and started training kickboxing as his first real martial art around the age of 13. Jacare Souza will fight for the first ... Ronaldo Souza will lock horns with Marvin Vettori in a middleweight matchup at UFC... An exciting middleweight match-up between surging contender Marvin Vettori and for... Tras un breve paso en los semicompletos, Ronaldo Jacare volverá a los pesos medios... Podczas UFC 256 zaplanowanej na 12 grudnia miało dojść do starcia Omari Akhmedov (... Na een mislukt avontuur in de Light-Heavyweight divisie keert de Braziliaan Ronald... Marvin 'The Italian Dream' Vettori | HIGHLIGHTS, Report: Souza vs. Vettori targeted for UFC 256, UFC 256 Update: ‘Jacare’ Souza, Marvin Vettori to Clash on Dec. 12, REPORT | Marvin Vettori vs. ‘Jacare’ Souza Added To UFC 256, Akhmedov fuera, Marvin Vettori enfrenta a Ronaldo Jacare en UFC 256. BJPENN.COM is your premier source for all MMA News. [37][38] The pair met on June 13, 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Eye vs. [34] Instead Vettori was scheduled to face Karl Roberson on May 13, 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. “I’ll give you a classic example: There’s two teammates that I fought. He became eligible to fight again on February 24, 2019. Pictures: One Championship ‘Reign Of Dynasties II’, Shoop that Incredulous Cormier / Drug Wars. The Italian, he ran up on me in Vegas one time smiling and he was like, ‘What’s up? [40] Vettori won the bout via first round submission. 15-4-1 (W-L-D), Copyright © 2001-2020 UFC All Rights Reserved, This Fight Is Personal For Marvin Vettori. Calvillo. [29] In turn, the pairing was left intact and eventually took place a month later at UFC on ESPN+ 19. Privacy. "Marvin Vettori | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology", "The road to the UFC has never been easy for Marvin Vettori", "UFC signs a Venator champ and a Jackson-Wink prospect", "My typical day during my preparation in USA | Marvin Vettori", "Marvin Vettori, Merab Dvalishvili, and Entourage creator Doug Ellin", "Marvin Vettori MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography – Sherdog.com", "Brazil's Alberto Uda meets Italian newcomer Marvin Vettori in welterweight bout at UFC 202", "Alberto Uda vs Marvin Vettori UFC 202 Full Fight MMA Video", "Antonio Carlos Jr. vs. Marvin Vettori added to UFC 207", "UFC 207 results: Antonio Carlos Junior edges Marvin Vettori by unanimous decision in foul-filled fight", "Report: UFC Fight Night 112 gets Vitor Miranda vs. Marvin Vettori", "UFC Fight Night 112 results: Marvin Vettori bloodies Vitor Miranda, wins unanimous decision", "Middleweight clash tussen Omari Akhmedov en Marvin Vettori op UFC 219", "UFC 219 results: Marvin Vettori, Omari Akhmedov slug their way to majority draw", "Marvin Vettori drew with Omari Akhmedov:: UFC 219:: MMA Decisions", "Top prospect Israel Adesanya returns against Marvin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29", "UFC on FOX 29 results: Israel Adesanya stays unbeaten despite late charge from Marvin Vettori", "Nicco Montano, Sean O'Malley Among Four Fighters Suspended by USADA for Ostarine", "UFC Sacramento: Marvin Vettori damages, outworks Cezar Ferreira", "David Branch haakt geblesseerd af voor gevecht tegen Andrew Sanchez tijdens UFC Vancouver", "Marvin Vettori Discusses Short Notice Fight Against Andrew Sanchez", "Andrew Sanchez vs. Marvin Vettori pulled from UFC on ESPN+ 16 due to illness", "Andrew Sanchez: Eye infection forced me off UFC Vancouver; Marvin Vettori fight rebooked", "UFC Tampa Results: Marvin Vettori Wins Grudge Match Against Andrew Sanchez", "Twee nieuwe partijen toegevoegd aan UFC Londen evenement", "Verschillende gevechten voor aankomende evenementen bekend gemaakt", "Dana White says UFC 249 will not happen April 18", "Dana White announces full list of UFC matchups for May 13, May 16 events in Florida", "Anthony Smith, Glover Teixeira make weight for Wednesday bout", "Karl Roberson Removed from UFC Jacksonville Due to Medical Issues", "Marvin Vettori vs. Karl Roberson rebooked for June 13 UFC event", "Karl Roberson vs. Marvin Vettori rescheduled for UFC event June 13", "UFC on ESPN 10 Results: Marvin Vettori Gets Revenge, Submits Karl Roberson", "UFC on ESPN 10 bonuses: Marvin Vettori leads pack of first-time winners", "Ronaldo "Jacaré" Souza returns to middleweight against Marvin Vettori on December 12th", "Marvin Vettori vs Daniele Scatizzi Fight Result Venator FC – Guerri...", Professional MMA record for Marvin Vettori, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marvin_Vettori&oldid=983314782, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Venator FC: Guerrieri Italiani Semifinals, Venator FC: Guerrieri Italiani Quarterfinals, Won the Venator Fighting Championship weltherweight title (One time), This page was last edited on 13 October 2020, at 14:54. However, it was later announced Vettori is expected to face Ronaldo Souza at the event.[43].