You're still getting paid.' CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: mlb | pageType: stories | Snell's initial comments, like Harper's response, came via a Twitch stream. No, I gotta get my money. "He made a lot of good points. "I ain't mad at him. Snell’s coaches, and family, noticed an immediate change. This is where I'm coming from. “He came back and right away he was way more respectful,” Blake Snell said in a phone interview. Earlier this week, MLB owners agreed on terms for a potential start to the season. Trying to get the public to understand us, it's not going to work very well in our favor...". There are some points he made that were true, that are facts. I'm not playing unless I get mine, OK? "But if you sign for the money, and want to win, it's like, 'Wait, be quiet, you got paid a lot of money, you can't complain.' Like, I'm sorry you guys think differently, but the risk is way the hell higher and the amount of money I'm making is way lower. One of the best lefties in the game.". https://www.celebscouples.com/dating/blake-snell-girlfriend It's a shorter season, less pay.

6-keys: media/spln/mlb/reg/free/stories, at If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but at least appreciate that I'm being honest.". Some people may not want to hear what I have to say, but that's the truth.

All Rights Reserved.

Rays pitcher Blake Snell caused a stir Thursday after he openly stated that he wouldn't play baseball for a reduced salary in 2020 because of the risk it would put him and his family in. Rays pitcher Blake Snell caused a stir Thursday after he openly stated that he wouldn't play baseball for a reduced salary in 2020 because of the risk it would put him and his family in.Snell …
section: | slug: bryce-harper-on-blake-snells-refusal-to-accept-reduced-mlb-salary-hes-speaking-the-truth | sport: baseball | route: article_single.us | Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world. "I think he was being honest, just being real," Arenado said of Snell. © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive.

"I guarantee if you read the comments, you're probably thinking, 'You don't have to work 12 hours a day. A lot of it gets misperceived. 10:24 am ET, agreed on terms for a potential start to the season, Snell unhappy with quick hook: 'It's just frustrating', Dodgers' Will Smith homers off ... Braves' Will Smith, Why Rays need more from their bats than Arozarena, Ex-Angels employee indicted over Skaggs' death. Somebody's gotta say it, at least he manned up and said it.

Those people have a right to say that," Arenado said. The proposal outlines an 82-game schedule beginning in early July with 30-player active rosters, 14 playoff teams and, lastly, the controversial 50-50 revenue split for players and owners. It's not the first time Arenado has spoken about the topic of player pay, but it is notably different from the tone he gave when talking about being frustrated with Rockies management and wanting to be traded while still under contract: "If you sign for a lot of money, and pack it in, it's like, 'Oh, he just signed for the money and doesn't care anymore,'" he told USA Today's Bob Nightengale back in February. Why would I think about doing that?". Here's what the Rays ace said: "Y'all gotta understand, man, for me to go -- for me to take a pay cut is not happening, because the risk is through the roof," Snell said while answering questions on his Twitch channel. Unlike Harper, though, Arenado said  he sees why fans might agree with owners in the ongoing debate of the 50-50 revenue share argument.

I'm not going to change. We bring sports news that matters to your inbox, to help you stay informed and get a winning edge. I love Snell, the guy's a beast. Good for him. Arenado's support was delivered through an interview with Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. The players' union is yet to agree to the proposal. Blake Snell wipes his face at Minute Maid Park on October 05, 2019 in Houston, Texas.

And that's just the way it is for me. Harper gave his support for what Snell said on a Twitch stream after his Fortnite partner, Phillies prospect Bryson Stott, relayed the pitcher's words: "He ain't lying, he's speaking the truth bro," Harper said of Snell's comments, per NBC Sports Philadelphia. Snell wasn't alone in this line of thinking and has now received backing from two of the biggest starts in the sport: Bryce Harper and Nolan Arenado. Cincinnati Reds pitcher Trevor Bauer, the first player to speak out against the agreement, called the proposal "laughable.". You're not the one without a job.