Piano chords with the root note B including pictures and explanation. Bb Chord Guitar finger position charts, diagrams and photos. This variation gives a B chord option that is higher up the fretboard. Most people don’t typically play an open B. B11 - B eleventh Click for details.] Considering the chord oozes despondency/sadness and tends to pull at the... Are you new to playing 7th chords? By continuing to use this site or by clicking ACCEPT, you are giving your consent for us to set cookies. The other way you could play this to give it yet another flavor, is to give it an F# bass. Check out the best online guitar learning platform here. Watch the video below to see how to properly play this chord voicing. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Below is another way of playing a Bb guitar chord. Everything you need to know to play a Bb major chord on your guitar. Are there any other ways that you like to play the B chord? Do this a dozen times or more. the above chord can also be played with the fingering shown below. Lastly, to top us off at the 12th fret I have one more shape for you to check out. For this shape we will only barre 2 strings so its great for beginner guitarists that are working on their barre style chord shapes, but don’t quite have the strength yet to accomplish a full barre. This chord adds an extra B into the chord (6th fret high E string) that’s an octave higher than the highest B in the “A string Barre B”. Bdim - B diminished (B°) If you play it this way the 1st string note (the F played on the top E string) is optional. The Barre B chord is the most played of the B chords and can be played in two main positions. Bdim7 - B diminished seventh (B°7) To really drive this home, please take a look at the video below of the explanation on how to read a chord chart! but also timeless fundamentals that will deepen your understanding. This chord shape starts at the 7th Fret. Don’t strum the Low E and A strings when you are strumming this. If you look carefully at the notes you're playing, you'll see that you're playing "F#" twice, and there's only one "B" sandwiched between those notes. This version of the chord looks like this. Bm9 - B minor ninth I remember when I was first starting guitar. Bmaj13 - B major thirteenth We need an alternative; a different version of B that you can use as a stepping stone to develop your finger dexterity and accuracy. This is one of the commonest ways of playing a Bb guitar chord. This chord almost has a ukulele feel to it (IMO). It look like this: As you can see this is a much easier version of the B guitar chord, though it’s still a little tricky for total beginners because it requires 3 fingers. Your email address will not be published. B Chord. B Major is a tricky enough chord to play on instruments like the piano, so it makes sense that attempting it on the guitar would be challenging as well. I hope this post has given you some new options for playing the B major chord. If the same fingering appears for more than one string, place the finger flat on the fingerboard as a 'bar', so all the strings can sound. Second to last- today we will be playing at the 9th fret.On the 9th fret 4th string you will place your ring finger. B6/9 - B sixth/ninth (sixth added ninth) Required fields are marked *. Open Chords on Guitar – Learning the Basics – B Chord, Guitar Practice Routine 8 Steps to Success. I find that this (and without the F# bass) sounds best when fingerpicking or flat-picking but you can strum it too. Personally, I find more difficult to put all 3 of my fingers into the 4th fret so I make that A shape by barring the D, G, & B strings in the 4th fret with my 3rd finger (ring finger). B6 - B major sixth B7-5 - B seven minus five Instructions. Here you would strum all of the strings but you’ll need to flatten out your index finger a little to mute that G string. This chord is best used for finger-picking and not strumming, in my opinon, because even muting that G string can still bring in that discordant character – so, unless that discordance is what you’re after, it doesn’t necessarily sound good strumming. You can revoke your consent any time using the Revoke consent button. Bm11 - B minor eleventh B7 - B dominant seventh The string names are sometimes noted at the bottom of the guitar chord chart. Place your 1st finger on the 1st string/2nd fret, Place your 2nd finger on the 4th string/4th fret, Place your 3rd finger on the 3rd string/4th fret, Place your 4th finger on the 2nd string/4th fret, Place your 1st finger on the 5th string 2nd fret, Place your 3rd finger on the 3rd string/3rd fret, Use your 1st finger to bar the chords at the 2nd fret, Place your 1st finger on the 5th string/6th fret, Place your 2nd finger on the 6th string/7th fret, Place your 3rd finger on the 2nd string/7th fret. The note, B repeats one octave higher. And while the 2nd string open is a B, that doesn’t help to create and easy B chord form to play on the neck. Copyright © 2015 - 2020 - SixStringAcoustic.com - Privacy Policy. Even though it doesn’t sound as good as a full B major chord, or as strong as a B7, it does contain the all-important B root note and is a passable B chord for absolute guitar beginners. We invite you to come relax in both our large indoor tasting room and our expansive outdoor patio and lawn space on our slope of the mountain. Now that we know where the B-major chord comes from, and we know which notes make up the chord when played together. This shape is another triad. I can play most cords but i have short fingers and am having a problem playing the B cord what is the best way can i learn to play that cord. Bb Chord Guitar finger position charts, diagrams and photos. Show All A Chords Hide Chord List A major A minor A 7 A m7 A maj7 A m#7 (mM7) A 7b5 A 7#5 A m7b5 A 7b9 A b5 A 5 Power Chord A 6 A m6 A 69 A 9 A 9b5 A 9x5 A m9 A maj9 A add9 A 7#9 A 11 A m11 A 13 A maj13 A sus2 A sus4 A7 sus4 A9 sus4 A dim A half dim A dim7 A aug A/C# A/E A/G# A/G A/B Its soft and emotive nature is the perfect match to translate words of lost love or distress. Slowly finger the chord, then take all your fingers off and start over. This chord looks like this. Strum only the D, G, B and high e strings. Here is an easy way to learn the B Chord on guitar from the 1st fret all the way to the 12th fret. You can also bring in a F# bass by barring the A and D strings with your 1st finger. Want to see the instructors near you? Below are 5 of those ways. So whilst people often consider these two barre chords exactly the same, there is a slight difference and a subtly different flavor. A voicing where "B" is the lowest note you'll play and is repeated among your notes packs way more punch: Muting your outside strings will post a challenge, but the sound of this B Major voicing is preferable to the previous one we covered in many cases. Although I encourage all of you to work on barre chords because they are essential to rock and blues guitar. Visit our YouTube channel for fun guitar videos. On the 8th fret 3rd string you will place your middle finger, and lastly you will barre your first finger on strings 1 and 2. You could play either of them two frets higher to play a C chord. Once again if you struggle with bar chords I highly recommend working on your finger dexterity and strengthening your index finger as much as you can. The two barre chord shapes on this page can be used to play other major chords. The B minor guitar chord (also commonly abbreviated to Bm guitar chord) is one of the most common chords played on the guitar. If asked to play a Bb chord guitarists know to play a Bb major chord, rather than a Bb minor, or Bb seventh, or any other kind of Bb chord. All the strings except for the Low E are strummed when strumming this chord. C Major Pentatonic Scale Guitar: Play The Pentatonic Major Scale in C in Multiple Fretboard Positions, With TAB, Notation & Scale Patterns, E Major Pentatonic Scale Guitar: Play The Pentatonic Major Scale in E in Multiple Fretboard Positions, With TAB, Notation & Scale Patterns, Guitar Modes Tab & Fretboard Diagrams: Complete Lesson – Learn How To Use Modes In Your Solos, Pentatonic Scale Guitar: The Ultimate Guide – Learn & Master Minor Pentatonic Scales On Your Guitar.