Join the conversation, you are commenting as, news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site. The prize money is A$3 million with the winner receiving an open invitation for the Flemington race. In 2017, the Melbourne Racing Club announced plans to turn the Caulfield Cup into a weight-for-age race as opposed to a handicap. Swan hoping for rain with Cup duo. He’s been in the game a long time at the highest level and I run a few things by him,” Melham said. Ben Melham (right) was narrowly beaten aboard Johannes Vermeer in Rekindling’s Melbourne Cup in 2017. 15 October, 2020.

The Mike Moroney-trained galloper, who won his way into the $5million Cup with victory in the Mornington Cup earlier this year, is … Chapada gets free ticket into Caulfield Cup. 08 October, 2020. This information is provided for entertainment purposes only. I'd be surprised if he doesn't. All information including race fields and TAB numbers should be checked with an official source. Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. “I could see how the horse could be really complacent at times but I think the blinkers will really help him. “I speak to Lloyd quite regularly. Photo: AAP Image/Julian Smith.Source:AAP.

TALK TO AN EXPERT WATCH VIDEO GET STARTED. I can’t see why he won’t run well.”.

Caulfield Cup: Runner-by-runner preview, tips and betting strategy. Just one hour after Classique Legend made magic happen at Randwick , Verry Elleegant did the same at Caulfield on Saturday (AEDT). Melham gained first-hand knowledge of Buckhurst in a gallop at Werribee on Thursday.

Melham said the feel Buckhurst gave him, and a perfect barrier draw in gate nine, left him confident the son of Australia would be around the mark in the Caulfield Cup. 16 October, 2020. Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Carnival. Williams gave Melham the ride on the Joseph O’Brien-trained Buckhurst in the Caulfield Cup before the jockey attempts to win the Melbourne Cup for the veteran owner on Master Of Reality. Caulfield Cup 2020: Everything you need to know. In Good Health closes on Caulfield Cup. O'Brien's raiders ramp up Cup preps.

Copyright in all R&S materials is owned by Racing and Sports Pty Ltd (R&S). Freedman sends Caulfield Cup Warning. Originally published asMelham and mentor chasing Cup win, To join the conversation, please Log in. Horse racing: Golfer stuns jockeys, Great Northern Steeplech... Find out more about our policy and your choices, including how to opt-out. What …

"The horse deserves that, he was pretty unlucky in Group I races when he was a three-year-old.". Golden ticket horse out of Caulfield Cup. Melham said he was desperate to win a big race for Williams. The five-year-old gelding, who was recording just the third win of his career, beat Zebrowski (Savabeel) by a length and a quarter, while Platinum Invador (Redwood) was another nose away in third. 2020 St Peter's Caulfield Cup Race Day $30 - $140. Round 3: The SuperCoach stable the bookies pick. Melham will ride Buckhurst for prominent Melbourne owner Lloyd Williams in the Caulfield Cup. Buckhurst has remained steady at $11 in TAB’s Caulfield Cup betting market. Sign-up here. Caulfield Cup Carnival.

Find out all the latest news, videos, results, replays and more for the 2020 Caulfield Cup

Or Sign-in with, This site is maintained by Racing and Sports (®) Pty Ltd (ABN 093 360 108) ("R&S"). You'll be redirected to related page soon... Are you a New User ?. u. Saturday, Feb 1, 2020. g. Gates open approximately 1 hour before Race 1; ... Caulfield is widely accessible via car, taxi and ride … R&S takes all care in the preparation of information appearing on the site, but accepts no responsibility nor warrants the accuracy of the information displayed. Bullet Train - who is most famous for being a three-quarters brother to unbeaten champion Frankel (Galileo) - shuttled to Australia for five seasons and now resides at Woodfield Farm Stud in Ireland where his fee in 2020 was advertised as private. Repaying a mentor with a big win in Saturday’s Caulfield Cup would mean plenty to jockey Ben Melham.

07 October, 2020. Irish horses cleared of Zilpaterol.

Purchased Mike's brother Paul for $32,500 at the 2017 Inglis Classic Yearling Sale, the gelding is one of three winners and first stakes winner out of two-time winning Oasis Dream (Green Desert). 10 October, 2020. The Mike Moroney-trained Chapada (5 g ex Diamantina Dior by Oasis Dream) gained a start in next Saturday's Caulfield Cup (Gr 1, 2400m) when he ran out an easy winner of the Herbert Power Stakes (Gr 2, 2400m) at Caulfield on Saturday and also became stakes winner number two for Bullet Train (Sadler's Wells). “We’ve come awfully close and I gave him a call and said, ‘I need to win one this year’,” Melham said. Latest News. Aktau had won a golden ticket into the Caulfield Cup but won‘t be making use of it after being scratched on Thursday morning. (RAS-WWW02), Chapada Gets Free Ticket Into Caulfield Cup, All systems go for Prince Of Arran at Caulfield. The 2020 MRC Caulfield Cup is a Group I 3U HCP held over a distance … Moroney star out of Caulfield Cup. 08 October, 2020 . CHAPADA. Tickets for the Melbourne Cup are often hot property and certain sections of the course will sell-out leading up to race-day. Caulfield Cup tickets are available via pre-purchase, a must for those keen to avoid missing out on attending one of the Melbourne Spring Carnival’s premier events.

Melbourne Cup Prices. Johannes Vermeer went on to run a close second with Melham aboard in that year’s Melbourne Cup. All times AEDT (GMT +11).

A NOTE ABOUT RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including ads) you use across this site and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and other sites. Further back this is the same family as dual Group 1 winner and now Coolmore Stud stallion Capri (Galileo). Ticket prices for the Melbourne Cup start from $90.75 for adults.

16 October, 2020. Going to the Melbourne Cup? ROCKY'S BIGGEST RACE DAY OF THE YEAR.

Find out all the latest news, videos, results, replays and more for the 2020 Caulfield Cup The event that kicks off spring racing in Victoria, the Stella Artois Caulfield Cup Carnival, will quite literally deliver the action, fun, food and fashion into the homes of racing lovers this spring, as we reveal our 2020 Carnival campaign – Let’s Bring It Home. “He’s a lovely horse and I’m really happy with the draw. Buckhurst was always under a tight hold before finishing off a 1400m hit out on terms with Twilight Payment. Ben Melham will don Lloyd Williams’ navy and white silks again on Buckhurst in Saturday’s Caulfield Cup. Saturday 17 October . Super Box; Social Style Stakes; At Home Dress Code; ... Buy Tickets RACEDAY FORM. Melham was narrowly beaten on Homesman in the 2018 Caulfield Cup and ran third on Johannes Vermeer in 2017.

Don't have an account?

The Caulfield Cup 2020 is on October 17th, Saturday. Nationwide News Pty Limited Copyright © 2020.

Picture: Racing Photos. By: Racing and Sports Time published 2020-10-10 at 11:51 PM (GMT +11:00) Bullet Train sires second stakes winner.

Prince shades Willoughby at Werribee. "He's a tough sort of horse," Moroney said. “He’s a wealth of knowledge and been a big help to my career.”. The 2020 Caulfield Cup Day will take place at Caulfield Racecourse on Saturday, October 17. Moroney does not believe the quick back-up next week will pose any major issues for the gelding.

The duo has gone close but just missed wins in major Australian races in recent years.

RACEDAY FORM EVENT & TICKETS. Kah's Cup excitement with Prince. "He'll come through well enough.