9:57: Bochniak def. There are a lot of people out there, so whoever they give me next is fine. We combined everything to get the victory. Will Miocic's overall game and big fight experience be too much? Font has now won three of his last four and is looking at a leap to the next level of the division next in 2018.Font now has four knockouts which is good for the second-best mark in the history of the bantamweight division. Very clean, very professional performance from Arce here in his promotional debut. I just pictured myself being calm and taking him apart. 12:52: Round 5 to Miocic (10-9, 50-44 Miocic). They stood in close range of each other and traded punches and kicks. Wouldn't be shocked if he finishes Ngannou here as he dominated thus far. — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) January 21, 2018. He did a great job of not letting me do that. But once he did, Cormier took over. The first fight was on its way to "Fight of the Night" and expect to see the same here. Down on two of the three scorecards, he was content on the outside throwing leg kicks and one punch at a time instead of coming at Villante with combinations. That round was a one-sided beating. I knew this was make-or-break it. on Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018. Chargers vs Saints Props – MNF Best Team and Player... Stipe Miocic defended his heavyweight belt at UFC 252 by defeating Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones and Francis Ngannou are the most likely next fights for Miocic, See the opening odds and who presents value for the potential showdowns below. Razak Alhassan has now won eight of his nine career fights. I’m just excited. Reelection Odds Go from Bad to Worse for Trump (+184) as Biden (-221) Soars. the pay-per-view portion of the card begins at the top of the hour. 9:05: Coming up next at UFC 220, in welterweight action, Abdul Razak Alhassan faces Sabah Homasi. — UFC (@ufc) January 21, 2018. - Daniel Cormier  tells SN why he's fighting for himself and not the fans. Shocked two of the judges cards gave Davis a round as Bochniak had control of the entire fight. Makhachev is a fantastic grappler and has won three of his four fights inside the octagon. The third round was a carbon copy of the first two rounds with the crowd booing for some reason after the fight ended. When I’m in the fight, I get so balled up with anger. I always get reckless in the first two minutes. UPPERCUT SZN! Cannot believe we are heading to a fifth and final round. Barroso's split his last three fights going 1-1 with one no-contest. 12:03: Cormier def. I just want to get back in there and sign a new contract. Steven Muehlhausen is an MMA and boxing writer and contributor for Sporting News. Miocic landed heavy shots of his own and when he took Ngannou down to the mat, the latter looked confused and didn't know what to do. Stipe Miocic defends his heavyweight title against No. — UFC (@ufc) January 21, 2018. 12:28: Round 1 to Miocic (10-9). Best performance in Bochniak's short UFC tenure which appeared to be fueled in competing in his hometown. Miocic, not taking any chances, went right for the takedown and made sure Ngannou wouldn't get up. #UFC220 pic.twitter.com/rCSaPVJsm4 Dodgers (Buehler) vs Braves (Fried) Game 6 Picks and Odds... Astros’ World Series Odds Have Improved from +3250 to +330 in the Last Three Days. I love scrambling. Razak Alhassan and Homasi fought at UFC 218 with Razak Alhassan winning by a controversial first-round TKO. THEY SAID IT: Barzola : “I’ve gotten better at striking, wrestling and ground-and-pound. I want another fight this year. FIGHT PASS customers: Watch the prelims right here. THEY SAID IT: Alhassan: “This feels amazing because I couldn’t even celebrate after the first fight. Doesn't seem like Ngannou knows what to do once he's on the ground. #UFC220 pic.twitter.com/mA21goSMcS Ortiz won the second by mixing it up with his strikes and his wrestling to take down Ortiz. Let’s do this. Homasi by knockout at 3:47 of the first round. 10:40: Up next at UFC 220, in light heavyweight action, No. I don’t have anyone in particular. Razak Alhassan had appeared to hit Homasi with a vicious body shot and referee Herb Dean thought Homasi was knocked out. Kattar looked sensational against Burgos, who has made his name in the UFC on the back of some slick striking. The co-main event is another title fight as Daniel Cormier defends the light heavyweight championship against Volkan Oezdemir. #UFC220. Ngannou, who was defeated by Miocic in their first meeting at UFC 220, says that what happened in their first fight won’t happen the second time around. Ngannou (11-2) suffered his first UFC loss. You’ve got to push through those things. A great way to kickoff the pay-per-portion of UFC 220. I’ve always wanted to fight Ricardo Lamas.”, OUT OF NOWHERE! Miocic did exactly what he had to do to combat Ngannou's power. MORE: Brain-scrambling images from UFC 220. Constant movement was the key for Bochniak. You can email him at stevemuehlhausen@yahoo.com and can find him on Twitter @SMuehlhausenMMA . Bochniak can now breath a sign of relief as he saved his job. Abdul Razak Alhassan defeated Sabah Homasi Abdul Razak Alhassan emphatically put away Sabah Homasi in their rematch from a controversial ending from their original bout in 2017. Ige by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28). Time to grab the food and drinks. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. But later in the round Font connected with a leg kick to the head and a flurry of punches that followed to finish Almeida by TKO at 2:24 of the second round to pick up the win in front of his hometown. This is the UFC, with small gloves. Click below to get the results for all the fights from TD Garden in Boston, Mass. Now, I get to go back, look at my fight and make adjustments. Font came out like a man on a mission to begin the second round. - Don't know too much about UFC 220? Burgos by TKO at 0:32 of the third round. He feignted a right hand and a straight overhand left which sent Tibau packing to the canvas. 7:25: The featured fight on Fight Pass begins in about five minutes. Miocic showed why he's the best heavyweight in the world and the greatest heavyweight of all time. Miocic vs Ngannou | Cormier vs Oezdemir | Kattar vs Burgos | Villante vs Barroso | Almeida vs Font | Bochniak vs Davis | Homasi vs Razak Alhassan | Ortiz vs Pantoja | Ige vs Arce | Bessette vs Barzola | Makhachev vs TibauUFC 220: Miocic vs Ngannou main card, The champ is in great form tonight! The division is thin. 11:15: Coming up at UFC 220, in featherweight action, Shane Burgos fights Calvin Kattar. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. I’m super pumped to be here. A win for Miocic would break the record for most title defenses in the UFC heavyweight division and cement himself as the greatest heavyweight of all-time. The two men exchanged big shots early in the fight and Homasi ate a few that made him try and shoot for a takedown. 11:10: Villante def. I wanted to put on a show, get a sick knockout and steal the show. The first time was complete domination by Miocic … When you fight in front of a big crowd like this, we’re here to put on a show—not run. — UFC (@ufc) January 21, 2018. THEY SAID IT: Makhachev : “Gleison is a tough opponent. Oezdemir looked defeated walking back to his corner. Villante controlled the first round using heavy right hands and thunderous leg kicks. "He's (Ngannou) a tough dude," Miocic told Joe Rogan in his post-fight interview. Ngannou landed only 26 percent of the strikes he threw and only 18 percent of the significant strikes. - Why  Miocic vs. Ngannou will be the pinnacle of 2018 for the UFC. Cormier showed there's a huge gap between him, Jones and Alexander Gustafsson. He would rest, and anytime referee Herb Dean would tell him to start working, he would start pounding out Ngannou. New William Hill online customers only. UFC, give me Kevin Lee.”. If it’s him or it’s Ngannou or whoever, I’m ready to go,” said Miocic. A great job by referee Dan Miragliotta who noticed Tibau was out cold when he hit the mat. 10 ranked Thomas Almeida battles No. Oezdemir has nothing to be ashamed of. Wonder if Jon Jones is watching this evening? 12:46: Round 4 to Miocic (10-8, 40-35 Miocic). @DC_MMA is laying on the damage in the first! Great performance by Font. Started with a right hand to the temple which stunned Almeida. Rob Font defeated Thomas Almeida Rob Font looked superb against division top 10 Thomas Almeida. In the first round, Font came out blazing, coming right at Almeida with punches and kicks. 1 contender. Islam Makhachev defeated Gleison Tibau Gleison Tibau was barely back from a two-year USADA suspension when rising prospect Islam Makhachev landed a devastating overhand left that dropped Tibau where he stood. He really kept Barroso at bay who didn't do too much until the final moments of the round by connecting on a series of leg kicks. Follow the rise of Jan Blachowicz as he made his way through the ranks to a light heavyweight title shot against Dominick Reyes at UFC 253. It was great. But everything went smooth and I got the W. Right now, I’m just trying to chill and relax. Ngannou is getting exposed right in front of our eyes. - Who wins the key fights at UFC 220? I don’t know what it is. Barzola has now won three in a row in the UFC. 9:18: Razak Alhassan def. We saw much of the same in the second round from Villante. Astros’ World Series Odds Have Improved from +3250... Who’s Going to Win Texas? It all started with a straight right hand which sent Almeida tumbling and Font tried to finish it off but Almeida was able to survive. The LHWs continue to round three in Boston. He overcame the early rush of Oezdemir, settled into a groove and showed why he's one of the best in the world. "He hits hard as s—.". He became the aggressor and landed an overhand right that stung Oezdemir and then he really started to come forward. To kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, the Fighter Timeline series features Cain Velasquez and five of the biggest fights of his UFC career. Daniel Cormier is one of the best fighters of all-time. 12:34: Round 2 to Miocic (10-9, 20-18 Miocic). The win gives Ortiz seven in his UFC career bringing him into third place all time in the flyweight division behind champion Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez. A great fight between two highly touted prospects. 9:30: In the headlining preliminary fight at UFC 220, in featherweight action, Kyle Bochniak goes up against Brandon Davis. His five finishes are third-best in the division’s history. Bochniak wouldn’t give up on his gameplan to wrestle, landing just three of 15 takedowns in the fight. He’s a lot longer than I anticipated and he covers a lot of ground. This was the best video the UFC has done in recent memory. BACKFLIP SZN! He will learn from the experience and come back better than ever. Or will Ngannou's power vault himself to become champion? 5:15: We are less than two hours away until the first fight begins at 7. Villante, who possesses 10 wins by knockout in his 15 career victories has his back is against the wall as he's lost two of his last three fights. Miocic (18-2) crushed the perceptions, decimating Ngannou to win by unanimous decision (50-44, 50-44, 50-44) to retain the UFC heavyweight championship and … Miocic went right back to what worked at the latter half of the first round, straight right hand and the takedown. Who were the winners at UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou? pic.twitter.com/gz3bS2lY6a. In a few hours, UFC 220 will commence from the TD Garden in Boston featuring a world championship main event as Stipe Miocic looks to make history when he defends the heavyweight title against rising contender Francis Ngannou. I’ve fought pretty much everybody above me. But, man, he wasn’t giving me anything. It was originally Arnold Allen, so I was working for a left-handed fighter. The delayed collapse was awesome. That makes three wins for Alhassan in the UFC and this was his most impressive performance to date. I’ve done it since I was an amateur. Kattar held a slight advantage as his shots were a bit more crisp. It couldn’t have gone better for me. 11:40: In the co-main event of UFC 220, for the UFC light heavyweight championship, Daniel Cormier defends his title against No.