Interesting to see Luke Schenn and Zach Bogosian get the Cup before Kucherov and the almost-Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Brayden Point … I also adore the handshake line, which this year turned in to a hug-fest, with so many Tampa players saying thanks to former assistant coach, Rick Bowness … My Conn Smythe winner, media division, goes to Kevin Bieksa; the runner-up, his playful target, Elliotte Friedman. It’s just reality. Sixty games is not a meaningful sample size. There’s no proof they could (especially immediately), and hope is not a strategy. Get a roundup of the most important and intriguing national stories delivered to your inbox every weekday. He’s also keeping his situation in perspective. With #2 screaming do it and #3 screaming don’t you dare, who knows what JG will do. NHL.com ist die offizielle Website der National Hockey League. Current NHL general managers Doug Armstrong, St. Louis Blues Tom Brady shows up somewhere and instantly championships are won. Except now he has Tatis Jr. hitting ahead of him and Eric Hosmer hitting behind him and the Padres won the third-most games in all of baseball this shortened season … The Red Sox are looking for a manager and there are hints Alex Cora might be brought back after the sign-stealing scandal. The general manager is also normally the person who hires, fires, and supervises the head and assistant coaches for both the NHL team and often the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, amateur and professional scouts, and all other hockey operations staff. ..98% Get him to take $2.5M then he can stay. Fill two lines — you’re a regional scout. The buyer/seller dichotomy in the NHL is a piece of conventional wisdom that the Rangers would do well to ignore. WATCH ABOVE: Some recent videos about the NHL. This is the hockey off-season of musical chairs, not just for goalies, but for GMs hoping not to fall on the walk of this financial and uncomfortable tightrope. 15 pick in the draft and, perhaps most importantly, some much-needed cap space. Steve Simmons More from Steve Simmons. Sergei Belski / USA TODAY Sports. Understood and I don’t disagree with you. There are 263 unrestricted free agents about to enter this insecure market. It’s a time for optimism. Die zweite Saison der Golden Knights wird nach den Erfolgen aus der vorherigen Spielzeit sicher nicht leichter, dürften die Erwartungen doch deutlich gestiegen sein. Trying to keep Kreider, as much as I love his skill and speed handicaps you when you need to sign Chytil, Kakko, Shesterkin, Fox, and others as they reach the end of their ELC. Not sure at this stage of his career if I would be comfortable having him be anything other than an inexpensive backup goalie if I was a GM, if he’s willing to do that to continue on … When he retires, Lundqvist should jump ahead of Roberto Luongo, Tom Barrasso, Curtis Joseph, Mike Richter, Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood on the backlogged list for potential Hall of Fame goalies. I’d imagine there are likely multiple teams that would be interested in Brady Skjei. So I am left with the need to move Kreider, D’ Angelo, Fast, maybe Strome and Skjei, and bringing up several young defensemen, maximize the return and adding several high draft picks and NHL ready players. The high draft picks you get for some of these players may not be ready for several years, but hopefully will be fully ripened and ready for the NHL when others are ready to be traded. So I am left with the need to move Kreider, D’ Angelo, Fast, maybe Strome and Skjei, and bringing up several young defensemen, maximize the return and adding several high draft picks and NHL ready players. The counter-argument of course is that both players are enjoying breakout seasons and won’t be easily replaced. Bob Gibson passed away Friday at the age of 84, but remains so alive to anyone who ever saw Superman pitch. They will be hot commodities, but it’s hard to project where term and dollar amounts will fall in such an uncertain period. In einem Trade mit den Calgary Flames akquirierte Waddell den starken Zwei-Wege-Defender Dougie Hamilton und mit Micheal Ferland Kadertiefe in der Offensive. Thirdly, NBA teams need a good 7-8 players … NHL teams need to make sure that aside from a couple of stars that they have real depth to their lineup, your 4th liners need to contribute and at least play 20% of the time — in the NBA those equivalent 4th liners only get in when the game is a blowout and they have no impact on a game. A member of Sun Media Community Newspapers part of Postmedia Network. In den Geschäften gibt es schließlich schon die entsprechenden Produkte für das Fest zu kaufen. If I was a player, I’d yearn to play with the best … Why would San Jose want Devan Dubnyk when the goalie market is flooded? It’s also a time for general managers and scouts to brag about the players they picked. Coach Mike Yeo kann sie zu jeder Zeit gegen jede Linie spielen lassen. If history is any indication, teams below the playoff line will be sellers, while “contenders” will either buy to improve their teams at the margins or stand pat. You think he does nothing and then you check the game sheet and he’s got three points … LeBron James is three games away from having played the most playoff games in NBA history. or Rykov can do the job. These are my thoughts, hopefully looking at the situation in a slightly different way. Einen der Superstars der Liga als Unrestricted Free Agent für sieben Jahre zu verpflichten qualifiziert Kyle Dubas alleine schon für einen Platz unter den Top-5-GMs der Liga. Most of them will be on their NBA team in their first year, as well. “The unknowns right now are at a level still far beyond hockey.”. Doch in diesem Jahr ist der Terminkalender dichter gedrängt als sonst, was dem einen oder anderen GM die Schweißperlen auf die Stirn treiben wird. If you can grab a young player that turns into a Zibanajad, home run! Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff said he expects to see some restricted free agents across the league who would have normally been tagged with qualifying offers cut loose. The truth is, we don’t know what to make of the Blue Jays and really they don’t know either, other than the obvious: They need to be better defensively. Around the Farm: Karl Henriksson notches assist in Frolunda win, Rangers sign Alexis Lafreniere to entry level contract. NHL.com ist die offizielle Website der National Hockey League. Januar 2021 angestrebt wird. And who will be spending what on whom? Sie sind die Hintermänner der Branche, haben die Schalthebel in der Hand und stehen dabei ständig unter Strom! Welcome to NHL.com, the official site of the National Hockey League, Bienvenue à LNH.com , le site officiel de la Ligue nationale de hockey, Добро пожаловать на NHL.com, официальный сайт Национальной хоккейной лиги, Tervetuloa NHL:n viralliselle nettisivustolle NHL.comiin, Välkommen till NHL.com, NHL:s officiella web-sida, Vítejte na NHL.com, oficiálních stránkách National Hockey League, Vitajte na NHL.com, oficiálnych stránkach National Hockey League, Willkommen auf NHL.com, der offiziellen Seite der National Hockey League, Bienvenido a NHL.com, el sitio oficial de la National Hockey League. I would jettison, some how, some way: Staal, Smith, Fast, Strome, Skjei, and Georgiev. The players are over-the-top arrogant, the GMs are pot smoking fools (see Phil Jackson), the Commish is a manipulated puppet, I suggest never compare the NHL to The NBA. The facts are pretty clear. Again, for the record: Keepers on the current team: Kreider, Zib, Buch, Panarin, Chytil, Kakko, Lemiuex, Trouba, Fox, DeAngelo, Lindgren, Shesty. Die Abgänge von Tyler Bozak und besonders von James van Riemsdyk schmerzen zwar, doch der Tavares-Zugang überscheint alles. Which was obvious at the end of last year’s 162-game season, too. We can argue about that but I think it is pretty clear that the evidence is inconclusive. Christian Göbel, Toronto so stark wie schon lange nicht mehr. Bernhardt, a former Leafs goalie, was like most NHL scouts at the time, not high on the yet-to-be-named King. “There’s not going to be a lot of liquidity in the system,” Philadelphia Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher said. Copyright owned or licensed by Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. That is the paper for liars. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Alles was wir getan haben, war die Leute vorzustellen, die hier arbeiten, das Trainerteam, die Führungskräfte, beginnend bei Brendan [Shanahan] und den Rest der Leute hier." What do you make of the Blue Jays’ 62-game season and playoffs? Mit Ryan O'Reilly konnten die Blues einen weitern Top-Center per Trade erwerben. That’s why your a blogger and not working for the NY Post, Unfortunately your math is entirely correct. … Harvard’s on Line 1 for Alex Killorn. Dom, you came out hostile in your original post. Smith gone …… 5% …. Agree with the voting? Babcock is out: The spotlight is clearly on Dubas now. Die Verdienste Botterills zeigen sich im Gegenwert, den er für O'Reilly erhielt. For a season that is likely three months or more away from beginning. ", Video: George McPhee wird NHL General Manager des Jahres. The NHL draft begins Tuesday. If history is any indication, teams below the playoff line will be sellers, while “contenders” will either buy to improve their teams at the margins or stand pat. Kreider is doing Kreider things. The cap is slated to remain at US$81.5 million for the foreseeable future, and it’s likely a number of franchises will look to go below that number in actual dollars spent. Obwohl Dubas erst seit dem 11. It’s also a time for general managers and …