May 25th 2010 Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Welcome back. Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer was the first novel by John Grisham for young children in middle grade and it is also the first series about Theodore Boone. He may only be in middle school, but he knows practically more law than any other seasoned lawyer, and this is … But Theo finds himself in court much sooner than he expected. If you wish to change this choice and use our site, you may go back and choose YES instead. Bestselling author John Grisham delivers high intensity legal drama for a new generation of readers. Since Redeeming Love, Francine has published more than 20 novels with Christian themes, all bestsellers, and she has continued to win both industry acclaim and reader loyalty around the globe. We respect your right to privacy in making this choice. Well not quite, but still enough of one to be able to give out legal advice to his friends and classmates and handle cases at animal court. His works are translated into thirty-eight languages. Half the man, twice the lawyer.In the small city of Strattenburg, there are many lawyers, and though he's only thirteen years old, Theo Boone thinks he's one of them. Theodore Boone: The Collection (Books 1-3) (Theodore Boone series) by John Grisham. (Sometimes it’s too many strings being tied up and leaving a feeling of the ending being contrived. I give it five stars only because all Grisham's writing is well done and the story is good. Redeeming Love continues to be one of the CBA's top-selling titles, and it has held a spot on the Christian best-seller list for nearly a decade. As a middle school librarian, and fan of (most of) Grisham's other books, I was seriously disappointed. Harvest House Publishers / 2019 / Trade Paperback, Universal Music Distribution / 2020 / Compact disc, Adventures in Odyssey/Tyndale / 2019 / DVD, Discover How to Move On, Make Peace with Painful Memories, and Create a Life That's Beautiful Again, Reading and Understanding the Entire Bible. This book publication is based and centered on the alleged murder of Myra Duffy and her husband, Pete Duffy is on trial being the suspect since they had million dollar life insurance. But Theo finds himself in court much sooner than he expected. The Fugitive book. I loved this book and especially the character of young Theodor who at 13 is dtermined to be a criminal lawyer but just a warning, it ends on a cliff hanger (thus 4 stars) with story to be continued in the next book, at a hefty price. Well, the title is a little misleading, wonderkid Theodore Boone is not a licensed lawyer. The Theodore Boone books are definitely for kids, and they are about a murder mystery trial. Theodore Boone Series Collection Set Books 1-6 PAPERBACK By John Grisham - NEW. Unable to add item to List. Instead I got a book better suited to those written in the fifties and sixties, only with updated technology. Part of the time it felt like I was reading a children's book and part of the time a lightweight thriller. This retelling of the biblical story of Gomer and Hosea, set during the time of the California Gold Rush, is now considered by many to be a classic work of Christian fiction. A dry book with a too-good-to-be-true main character, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 13 August 2012. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. I'm not sure who the stories are aimed at; adults or youths? Theodore Boone: The Abduction: Theodore Boone 2, Theodore Boone Series 6 Books Collection Box Set by John Grisham (Theodore Boone, Abduction, Accused, Activist, Fugitive & The Scandal), Theodore Boone: The Accomplice: Theodore Boone 7, Theodore Boone: the Accused: Theodore Boone 3, Theodore Boone: The Scandal: Theodore Boone 6. I realise this series is written for a young readership but I thought I'd try the first one anyway. I expected this book, written by John Grisham, to be a young adult book that had an interesting story, but no sex and violence. ), When I was young (look at me, talking like I'm 200 yo), well, younger, I was such a huge fan of John Grisham's legal thrillers for adults, so when a couple of weeks ago I found the first three books in the Theodore Boone series in the thrift bookstore I grabbed them even though I usually don't like books with kids as the main character as I tend to find them insufferable. I have enjoyed really much reading the walking of the applicant kid lawyer. Both of his parents are however legit and successful attorneys-at-law. It revolutionized reading for young people but also spawned a ton of bad imitations. But the Swift Jr. books were tops: lots of adventure and real science at a time when science was really coming into its own. I grew up reading juvenile series novels. It's fun to read, about a boy of 13 who knows a lot of law through reading law books and cases and hearing cases in court. Details about Theodore Boone Series Collection Set Books 1-6 PAPERBACK By John Grisham - NEW. Plus, nothing ended, nothing was resolved.