This is very interesting, this is very good attention you know, and good opportunity for him. Please check your email for a confirmation. Whether you are new to MMA or a veteran fan , it is open to everyone. Chimaev made headlines last month after being double-booked to face Gerald Meerschaelt at UFC Fight Night: Covington vs Woodley, and then to face grappling legend Demien Maia later in the year on fight island. It’s not often a prospect enters the UFC and appears to be the unstoppable force that Khamzat Chimaev has proved to be, however, one fighter who can relate is the undefeated Lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. Chimaev was able to make quick work of Meerschaelt impressively putting him away with the first punch of the fight. Lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov was asked his thoughts on Khamzat Chimaev and if he believed the fighter was the "real deal". Gerald Meerschaert via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:17, LFA 93 highlights: Aaron Jeffrey claims TKO win in Kansas, Steve Mowry grades himself a B- after Bellator 249 win, declines post-fight callout, 'The Din Diaries': UFC veteran and coach Din Thomas documents his 'UFC Fight Island' experience, Bellator 249 highlights video: Relive a night of fantastic finishes, Scott Coker: Dialogue started with Eddie Hearn on Cris Cyborg vs. Katie Taylor boxing bout, Video: Daniel Cormier, Khamzat Chimaev grapple outside hotel lobby, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. This saw Chimaev looking for a new opponent and fresh off his win over former champion Robbie Lawler, Neil Magny put his name forward to face the undefeated prospect. By: MMA Junkie Staff. This make me very happy the legend as @TeamKhabib show some respect to @KChimaev I love my brothers pic.twitter.com/bkLWmkWCZ2. Check us out for the latest MMA News, UFC News, Bellator News, Rizin News, Boxing News, Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu and mixed martial arts from around the globe. Rhys McKee via TKO (ground-and-pound) – Round 1, 3:09, LFA 93 highlights: Aaron Jeffrey claims TKO win in Kansas, Steve Mowry grades himself a B- after Bellator 249 win, declines post-fight callout, 'The Din Diaries': UFC veteran and coach Din Thomas documents his 'UFC Fight Island' experience, Bellator 249 highlights video: Relive a night of fantastic finishes, Scott Coker: Dialogue started with Eddie Hearn on Cris Cyborg vs. Katie Taylor boxing bout, Video: Daniel Cormier, Khamzat Chimaev grapple outside hotel lobby, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Khabib Nurmagomedov Praises Khamzat Chimaev. Khamzat Chimaev had a point to prove with his method of victory at UFC Vegas 11, seeking to stop constant comparisons to lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. Please check your email for a confirmation. Later, The Eagle talked about Khamzat Chimaev, who has been dominating the middleweight and welterweight division ever since making his debut in July 2020. Rhys McKee via TKO (ground-and-pound) – Round 1, 3:09 Updated records: Chimaev (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), McKee (10-3 … Khamzat Chimaev def. “Of course, he finish all his opponents you know.” Nurmagomedov responded. Rising UFC middleweight Khamzat Chimaev said he wanted to KO Gerald Meerschaert to halt comparisons between him and Khabib Nurmagomedov. Unfortunately for Chimaev, Thompson was not keen on the match up, instead asking to face fellow contender Leon Edwards. Does Khamzat Chimaev finally have an opponent? While utilizing this strategy, Chimaev landed 192 strikes to 2 in his first two bouts in the Patricky Freire issues statement on Bellator 249 removal: 'I really wanted to fight', Dana White: UFC champ Israel Adesanya has 'a lot of options' – and Jon Jones is one of them. UFC phenom Khamzat Chimaev says that he is expecting Khabib Nurmagomedov to defend his lightweight crown at UFC 254 next week but warns that Justin Gaethje's power could prove to be crucial. Khabib Nurmagomedov's thoughts on Khamzat Chimaev. Welcome to MMA Junkie's European Union Experience. Khamzat Chimaev def. Chimaev rejects ‘Khabib number 2’ label: ‘I am Khamzat, I can knock out people’ New, 31 comments Khamzat Chimaev made it a point coming into UFC Vegas 11 … After this, it appeared Maia would not be Chimaev’s next opponent this saw the UFC attempt to match him up against multiple-time title challenger Steven Thompson. Chimaev (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) produced the fastest finish of the night as he stunned Gerald Meerschaert in just 17 seconds at UFC on ESPN+ 36, then stated that he has the skills to finish people via every method available. By: MMA Junkie Staff. Not really, but his impromptu grappling match with Daniel Cormier was fun all the same. UFC on ESPN+ 38 predictions: Is it Brian Ortega or 'Korean Zombie' on Fight Island? And if he wins this fight then I believe next fight should be a contender fight.” Nurmagomedov elaborated. “You know its like, I think he deserve, Ali told me he’s going to fight with a tough opponent for five rounds in December. Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! Since then the UFC has not made any mention of who Chimaev will be facing only that he will be fighting back in Las Vegas at the UFC Apex before the year it out. During a recent virtual media day for his upcoming title defense at UFC 254 against the interim Lightweight champion Justin Gaethje, Nurmagomedov was asked his thought on Chimaev and if he believed the fighter was the “real deal”. Thanks for signing up. Does Khamzat Chimaev finally have an opponent? Once he is on top control, he employs different techniques to gain control his opponents and land heavy ground-and-pound or seek for submissions, while forcing his weight towards them. You'll now receive the top MMA Junkie stories each day directly in your inbox. ABU DHABI – Khamzat Chimaev beat Rhys McKee by first-round TKO on Saturday on the main card at UFC on ESPN 14 in Abu Dhabi. Take a look inside the fight with Chimaev, who won his second fight in 10 days to set a UFC record. LowKick MMA has been the heart of the MMA community since 2006 (cc: World Clock). By Tim … Jessica Aguilar proud to witness growth of women's MMA: 'We're established', Justin Gaethje on Khabib Nurmagomedov's durability: 'His main priority is to not take damage', Brian Ortega: Children's charity, not weight-cut issues, was reason for shaving his head, Scott Coker: Dillon Danis is a gamer, but won't get Bellator booking until healthy. Result: Khamzat Chimaev def. Not really, but his impromptu grappling match with Daniel Cormier was fun all the same.