He was 76 years old. David Gordon "Slim Dusty " Kirkpatrick AO, MBE (13 June 1927—19 September 2003) was an Australian country music singer-songwriter and producer, with a career spanning nearly seven decades. Slim and I aims to tell “the incredible story of that partnership and of the brilliant woman who lived beside, rather than behind, the legend”. Don’t say that love is lost, while the memory lingers. “I’ve always been a believer in the saying that as long as you remember someone they are never really gone. Slim Dusty Lyrics "Memories And Dreams" I'm here at the horizon between the future and the past ... You can think about the music and the good times that we had You can think about the way we felt when we had it really bad But I can't help feeling hopeful for all the future brings
The soundtrack will also feature a new song, ‘I Don’t Believe You’, penned by McKean. Slim Dusty Bio Australian country music singer-songwriter and producer, with a career spanning nearly eight decades. © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. Featuring a new track, I Don't Believe You'.
I don’t believe you.'”. “I realised that Slim, his music and his legacy will live on.

The soundtrack, set for release on September 4, features songs from the pair’s 50-year catalogue and is interspersed with interviews from the film cast. An official soundtrack for the forthcoming feature documentary, Slim and I, which explores the legacy and partnership of prolific country singers Slim Dusty and his wife Joy McKean has been announced. He was known to record songs in the legacy of Australian poets Henry Lawson and Banjo Patterson that represented the Australian Bush Lifestyle, and also for his many trucking songs. Don’t say that love is lost, while the memory lingers. In 2000, the 73-year-old Australian music legend released his 100th album. Watch it below: “The song was written a couple of years after Slim passed,” McKean said. Released today, the new track is the 90-year-old McKean’s first composition in over a decade and is a collaboration that spans three generations of her family. The world's defining voice in music and pop culture since 1952. Dusty’s last album, ‘Columbia Lane – the Last Sessions’, was released posthumously in 2004 following the artist’s death from lung cancer in 2003. This inspired the lyrics ‘Don’t say a song won’t live, after the singer. He was known to record songs in the legacy of Australian poets Henry Lawson and Banjo Patterson that represented the Australian Bush Lifestyle, and also for his many trucking songs. This inspired the lyrics ‘Don’t say a song won’t live, after the singer. Directed by Kriv Stenders (Red Dog), the film will be released in cinemas via Universal Pictures on September 10. Aussie artists Troy Cassar-Daly, Kasey Chambers and Missy Higgins will also feature in the release, performing acoustic renditions of Dusty’s greatest songs. ‘I Don’t Believe You’ was co-written by McKean’s grandson, James Arenman, which premiered alongside an official music video. “I realised that Slim, his music and his legacy will live on. Slim Dusty, (born David Gordon Kirkpatrick; 13 June 1927 – 19 September 2003) was an Australian country music singer-songwriter, guitarist and producer, who was an Australian Slim Dusty was the most prolific and biggest-selling recording artist in Australia, with more than five million of his recordings sold on the domestic market of 20 million people and a status akin to the all-time greats in country music.